Do you desire to unlock bootloader on any Xiaomi phone? It is possible to know the correct method and enable this system setting without hassle. But often people utilize third-party applications to reach those goals.
However, if you use appraisal tools and software, everything becomes much easier. Yet, there’s no doubt that Xiaomi phones are one of the most difficult device categories when it comes to unlocking the bootloader configuration. Unlike Samsung devices, you have to follow up a long process.
In the old days, the users usually needs to write a dedicated email to Xiaomi officials to seek permission to access those settings, which was quite inconvenient. Nowadays, the users get Mi unlock that will grant those permissions. In this post, you will obtain a simple guide to unlocking the Xiaomi phones bootloader.
Unlock bootloader on any Xiaomi phone Guide
The process to access those settings can be agonizing if you even miss a single step. Try to follow each step thoroughly to avoid resetting a waiting period time. With that said, let’s dive into the instructions to unlock the bootloader configuration.
Warning: Remember the subsequent procedure will erase the phone’s internal data, violate warranty privileges, and disable the bootloader settings. So, take steps to avoid troubles and follow the prerequisites.
Pre-Requirement to get started!
- First of all, make sure to create a backup of your important data.
- You will require a PC or laptop and a USB cable to start the process.
- The reader must be patient as sometimes the unlocking process contains roughly 7 days waiting period.
Step 1: Create and Sync the Xiaomi account
Like most users, you don’t create a Xiaomi account for your phone. If not, it’s the right time to take initiative. In order to unlock bootloader configuration, the users will require a working account so that they can utilize the Mi Unlock tool later on.
- First of all, you have to launch the “Settings” App.
- Now, you have to go to the “Mi account” section.
- Here, create an account using your email and mobile number.
- Get the verification code and completely set up the account.
- Once that happened, select the Xiaomi Cloud option.
- Press on the Find Device settings and enable it!
Step 2: Authorize the Developer Settings
The next thing you should concentrate on is getting access to developer options. It’s quite simple to do so, while also being an important task to obtain Mi Unlock status.
- Once again, open the Setting application.
- Head toward the About Phone option.
- Press on the MIUI version 8 times.
With this, you have enabled developer mode. Now, let’s combine other elements too.
- Settings menu → additional settings and scroll down.
- Select the developer settings from the list.
- Next, you need to allow OEM unlocking.
- Scroll down and access Mi Unlock Status.
- In the new screen, you have to click on the Add account and device.
- Add your Mi account details and see the unlock status.
Note: The users need to disable Wi-Fi and use the mobile carrier to check the status.
Here, you will find that the system status is showing locked. Therefore, let’s head to the next part so that you can effortlessly unlock bootloader on any Xiaomi phone.
Step 3: Download the vital resource package
There are different elements involved to access the bootloader settings. First of all, we would recommend you update the USB drivers of your computer or laptop so that you can connect the device without any problem in the upcoming process.
Next, you will require the ADB platform command tool that will allow users to operate essential commands. Besides this, it’s also quite helpful in installing custom recoveries.
Last but not least, the users need to download and extract Mi unlock tool on the PC so that Xioami bootloader unlocking process can take place. Once you have installed these tools, you are ready to connect the phone.
Step 4: Launch Mi Account Tool
I’m assuming that you have installed the Mi unlock tool from the above part. Here, you will get to know to unlock process for Xiaomi devices. So, let’s get started!
- Go to the download folder and select Mi unlock software.
- Sign in with your Mi account details by adding your mobile number.
- Get the verification code in the SMS section and verify the account.
- With this, a new screen will be opened inside the app.
Step 5: Start Unlocking the bootloader
- Start with switching off your Xiaomi phone using the power key.
- Press and hold Power + Volume Down button to access fastboot.
- Now, use the authentic USB cable to link your phone to the PC.
- The Mi Unlock tool will automatically detect the phone’s presence.
- Finally, click on the Unlock button present inside the tool.
Note: This process will erase your smartphone data, so take a backup first!
Step 6: Wait till the Unlock period ends
When you press the Unlock button, the tool will verify your device to confirm basic details. Next, if the screen shows “Couldn’t unlock”, you have to try again the same procedure after 168 hours later. It’s an infamous aspect of the Xiaomi bootloader unlocking process.
If you attempt to open the device before the waiting period has passed, it may even take months. However, many people claim that they have gained bootloader access in a few hours. But we won’t recommend you bypass the 168 hours period since it might lead to a series of errors.
- Once the waiting period ends, launch the Mi Unlock tool on the PC.
- Connect your device, and press on Unlock button.
- The tool will show Unlock confirmation and then reboot the device.
- With this, the phone will be unlocked successfully.
Step 7: Check the Mi Unlock Status
After a week or so, you repeat the procedure to finally unlock the bootloader options. Now, it’s time to reconfirm whether the process is genuinely complete before you head toward flashing recovery or root devices!
Your phone will be rebooted by the mi unlock tool. Like previously, you have to access developer mode and select Mi Unlock Status to verify that “this device is unlocked”.
You can unlock the bootloader of any MIUI device using the above guide, whether you are using flagship Xiaomi, mid-range Redmi, or gaming-centric Poco. On top of that, there are limitless options such as installing magisk zip, flashing TWRP recovery, etc.