Unlock bootloader on any Realme phone is possible if you install an in-depth test app and run the fastboot commands using a computer or laptop. You can also do the same, just follow this subsequent guide!
In this post, you will acquire all of the necessary resources that allow unlocking the bootloader for Android phones. Realme smartphones have the most unusual way to unlock the OEM. Worry not, we have covered the details for you in the next part.
Unlock bootloader on any Realme phone?
If you have unlocked bootloader before, you won’t face that many issues. But it’s your first time to access those system settings, then follow subsequent step-by-step guide to unleash the true power of your phone in a pretty skillful manner.
Warning: The process will go through erasing the phone’s data, cause security issues, can cause lag in the camera app, prevent getting the latest system update, and void warranty privileges. So follow the given instruction of your free will.
- First of all, you will require a PC and USB cable to link the device.
- Next, the users recommend taking full backups of multimedia data.
- Ensure that you have extracted ADB drivers and the Fastboot tool.
- Download and install the latest version of the In-depth APK.
- The phone must need 70% or more battery life.
After completing this requirements list, you can start this guide without further ado.
Step 1: Unlock the Developer Mode
Remember, all of the data will be deleted from your phone, so create a backup before you are getting started with the procedure. Once you have done that, it’s time to head toward the first instruction to open those system privileges.
Make sure that you have updated the Realme phone to the latest version depending on the model. Now, let’s see how to open the developer settings.
- Navigate to the Settings App, and open it.
- Here, you have to go to the “About Phone” section.
- Look for the build number or model number in the list.
- Press on the build number multiple times (8-times required)
- Now, launch the Settings App and access “developer options”.
- Finally, enable “OEM unlock” and “USB Debugging”
Step 2: Get the In-depth Application
The most vital part of this process would be getting the in-depth app. It’s essential software that will help you unlock the bootloader without any trouble. Though, the users need to wait for a few minutes till the method takes place.
This application is designed especially for Realme phones so that the users don’t have to wander around looking for unlock key. I’m assuming that you have already installed the In-depth app. If not, get it right away so that we can start the procedure without any further ado.
- After completing the installation process, launch the APK.
- Here, press “Start Applying” to get started with the process.
- Now, you have to proceed with the agreed terms and conditions.
- You will notice Submit Application button on the screen, click on it!
- Usually, the wait time would be around 10~15 minutes.
- You can check progress in the “Query verification status” section.
- Once you get confirmation, click on “Start the in-depth test”.
- With this, the device will reboot in the fastboot mode.
Note: In some cases, the phone doesn’t boot your device into fastboot, you can follow the next part to manually perform those instructions. On the other hand, skip Step 3 if the device is automatically rebooted.
Step 3: Boot into Fastboot mode
Generally, every Realme phone has a different pattern to enter in the unlock mode. For more transparency, we suggest you know the correct way to access fastboot from the internet. In the next part, we shared the standard method. So, let’s see the steps!
- Switch off your phone using the Power button.
- Press and Hold the Volume Down + Power key for a few seconds.
- Release the Power button when the Realme Logo appears, but keep pressing the Volume Down till the Android repair mode doesn’t appear.
- That’s it, you have successfully booted into fastboot mode.
Note: If the above instructions don’t work in your case, you can use the command – “adb reboot bootloader” using the PC to boot the device directly in the bootloader.
Step 4: Link the device to a computer
Before you link up your phone, we would suggest readers download and extract the ADB command toolkit (platform tools) on their computer or laptop. It’s quite useful for running some commands on your Android phone. Besides this, update the computer’s USB drivers for convenient usage.
After downloading and installing this software over a PC, connect both devices.
- Make sure you are using the original USB cable bundle for interlinking.
- Connect one end to the computer and another end to the Realme phone.
- There you have it!
Step 5: Run the command prompt
Here is the list of commands that you have to apply so that you can easily unlock bootloader on any Realme phone. With that said, let’s get started!
- Open the platform tools folder and press Shift + Right Click.
- Select “Open PowerShell Window here” from the drop-down menu.
- Here, type the first command – “fastboot device” to verify the phone.
- Press Enter to confirm the instruction for the command prompt.
- Type – “fastboot flashing unlock” and Enter to open the bootloader settings.
From here onward, you have to shift your focus to the phone screen. Inside the new screen, use the Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate and confirm bootloader unlock by pressing the Power key. Finally, reboot your device!
The process ends here, while it’s just beginning if you want to flash TWRP recovery or desire root access through software like Magisk Zip. You can get various deep-impact software and modify the system settings as you wish after unlocking the bootloader.
I hope you have successfully completed the guide to unlock bootloader on any Realme phone, at the same time, you have opened a new door for customizing the interface. However, if you do come across trouble, let us know in the comments.