Are you looking for the easiest way to unlock bootloader on any OnePlus phone? You can also access those system layout configurations by following this guide.
It’s not possible to unlock the OnePlus phone’s bootloader unless you run the fastboot commands using PC or laptop. However, the following section will provide everything without any further ado let’s get started!
Unlock bootloader on any OnePlus phone?
You will find different methods to open those functions on the internet, while it could be troublesome to pick a suitable way at the same time. Usually, the process involves a lot of different tasks, tools, and resources to reach your goals.
The OnePlus got a pretty massive user community that allows you to guide through different issues in a hassle-free manner, while it’s one of the few brands in which you won’t lose that many privileges.
Warning: The following process could lead to data erase, warranty violation, slow performance, etc, problems. Therefore, calculate the pros and cons before you dive into the procedure.
- Get the USB cable and preferred PC setup (Windows or Mac)
- Download and install basic ADB fastboot tools and drivers.
- The process will wipe data, so take media backup first.
- Lastly, make sure that the phone is recharged by around 70%.
Step 1: Install USB drivers and Tools
In general, the users will need Platform tools so that running ADB fastboot command becomes easier for the computer. It’s one of the important factors that you don’t have to miss. Thus, download and install the latest platform tools on your PC.
Once you have downloaded the software package, extract the zip. Now, head toward the extracted folder location so that you can set up this tool without any further ado. To do so, follow the subsequent steps.
- Inside the extracted folder, press shift + right-click to open the submenu.
- Here, you have to pick the “Open PowerShell windows here” option.
- With that, the command prompt will appear on the screen.
Aside from this, we would also recommend you update the computer’s USB drivers to avoid any complications in the upcoming process.
Step 2: Enable the developer mode
The developer mode grant access of something the primary perks that are disabled on every smartphone. However, once you have gained those settings, you can do various things, which might not be possible with the standard configuration.
It’s necessary steps that require in every process to unlock bootloader on any Android device. Here are the instructions that you need to keep an eye on!
- First of all, you have to go to the Settings App.
- Next, head toward the About Phone section.
- You will find the build number on the list, tap on it (8 times).
- Now, go back to the settings and select Additional Settings.
- Scroll down to access the developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging toggle.
You have to enable those two options from the developer mode. It will be helpful for connecting your phone to the computer in the later part.
Step 3: Access the fastboot mode
There are various methods to enter into the fastboot mode on the OnePlus phone. But the most common would be pressing the keys combination. Although, each model got its unique variation to do so.
For example, we are using the OnePlus 9, which got a Volume Up + Power button combination to obtain the fastboot configuration. In that case, the process will be as follows.
Using Device buttons
- Press the Power button to switch off your smartphone device.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up + Power button.
- That’s it, you have access to the fastboot mode.
Note: To be more precise, search about your OnePlus phone key combo on internet.
Using ADB command
I’m assuming that you have already enabled USB debugging from the above section, now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable and follow the instructions.
- Type “cmd” to open the command prompt on the computer.
- Use the command “adb devices” to effortlessly verify the device.
- Hit Enter to see a new pop screen on your smartphone.
- Click on Allow to enable the USB debugging bridge.
- Now, enter “adb reboot bootloader” to boot into fastboot.
Using Advance Power Menu
You can enable the Advance Reboot menu using the developer settings that will allow users to directly reboot the bootloader without any trouble.
- First of all, enable the developer mode of your phone.
- Now, open the developer settings menu.
- Here, you have to enable the Advance Reboot Menu toggle.
- Now, long press the Power button and select bootloader.
Note: This feature is exclusively available in the new generation OnePlus phones!
Step 5: Unlock the bootloader
We have come across the last part of this guide where we have covered the core commands that will assist during the bootloader unlocking process.
Like the previous step, you have to open the platform tool folder and press shift + right click → Open PowerShell Window here, or simply type “cmd” in the search bar of the platform tools folder.
As we did in the first step, navigate to the command prompt area. Once you have entered the command lines, let’s know the next part.
- Enter the command “fastboot devices” to verify device connectivity.
- Execute the command “fastboot flashing unlock” and press Enter.
- Once the command is executed, the phone will show confirm notification.
- Select Volume Keys to pick the UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER option.
- Afterward, click on the Power button to confirm the system changes.
That’s it, fellows! You have successfully unlocked the OnePlus bootloader using this 5 steps guide. Through this, it becomes easier to install new custom ROMs, getting root privileges with Magisk zip and other access to the different parts of firmware.
The above step-by-step instructions will help the reader to unlock bootloader on any Oneplus phone without any trouble. Moreover, it becomes easier to root your device and flash a custom recovery. So don’t waste your time and unlock those attributes.