Are you looking for the correct way to unlock bootloader on any Motorola phone? It’s not that difficult to access those system settings if you are aware of the right methods. Worry not, we will cover a complete tutorial in the following post.
There is a wide range of methods to access the Motorola bootloader, which will grant superb perks that are generally missing in the stock firmware. But no more, as you will obtain a step-by-step way to access those settings without a problem.
For Android phones, the usual bootloader unlocking process is used. While often this technique doesn’t work well for the Motorola smartphone since the users are required to follow up process by OEM unlocking. Therefore, let’s head toward the procedure.
How to unlock bootloader on any Motorola Phone?
First of all, if you don’t know about the bootloader, it’s a system command which runs when you reboot your device. Generally, it’s disabled by smartphone maker. But if you will perform the changes, then read the following guide would be recommended.
Warning: The following instruction could cause problems like bootloop, warranty loss, erasing data, and many more things. Therefore, it becomes important to complete prerequisites to avoid any trouble.
Pre-requirement to get started!
Here’s the list that you need to know about to smoothly perform the process.
- A USB cable and PC (preferred Windows 10 or 11) are required.
- Ensure to store your data before you dive into the following steps.
- You will need the necessary resources like the ADB tool and USB drivers.
- Last but not least, the phone battery level should be above 80%.
Step 1: Access Developer Mode
I’m assuming that you have already taken a complete data backup of your Motorola phone. If not, we would suggest you do so to avoid any trouble later on. Now, let’s head toward the first step.
- Launch the Settings App from the home screen.
- Scroll down and select the “About Phone” section.
- Here, tap on the build number a few times (8 times).
- Now, go back to the setting menu and open “Additional setting”.
- Open the developer mode by scrolling down in the list.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging features.
Step 2: Link the device in fastboot to PC
Each Motorola phone got a different fastboot method, you can search for that on the internet. But if you desire to take a simple route, you have to download SDK Android platform tools over your computer first.
Aside from this, the readers also need to get appropriate USB drivers beforehand to conveniently follow up the process. Here’s a general way to boot into flash mode.
- First of all, you have to switch off the device.
- Press the Volume Down + Power button to boot into fastboot.
- The key combination can differ from phone to phone.
- Connect the phone to the USB cable and the other end to PC.
Note: Make sure to get those essential tools conveniently following the next part!
Step 3: Run the necessary command prompt
Download and extract the essential tools and USB drivers so that you can modify the bootloader configuration. We hope that you have extracted the platform tool from the computer. Now, enter the fastboot tool folder and type “cmd” in the search bar. A new command prompt will be opened.
- Enter the first command “fastboot devices” to verify fastboot access.
- Execute the command “fastboot OEM get_unlock_data” and press enter.
- With this, you will obtain four or five lines of bootloader codes.
- Copy those keywords on a notepad or in a doc file.
Note: You only need to copy and paste all of the codes in a single line and remove the (bootloader) part. Don’t leave spaces between those codes to avoid any issues.
Step 4: Get the Unlock Key
In this section, we have covered the process to access the unlock code for your phone. I hope you have retrieved code line data from the previous part as it will be useful in this part. Here, you have to create a Motorola device account first.
- First of all, go to the Motorola official website and sign up!
- Enter your name, email, password, and press Create.
- On the new page, you have to enter those codes.
- Next, tap on “Can my device be unlocked?”
You will get confirmation whether your phone is eligible to unlock the bootloader. Once that happens, you have to scroll down and click on “I Agree” and press on “Request Unlock Key”. Finally, the unlock key will be delivered to your registered email account, you can simply extract that text file from there!
Step 5: Use the Unlock key
Once again, you have to enter the command prompt to unlock bootloader on any Motorola phone. Here are the basic instructions that you need to follow.
- Type the command “fastboot device” to reconfirm device connectivity.
- Enter the command “fastboot OEM unlock YOUR_CODE”. Replace the YOUR_CODE with the recent access key and press Enter.
- Finally, use the “fastboot reboot” command to restart the smartphone.
What are the advantages?
There are numerous benefits if you utilize the bootloader access in a precise way. Here are some of the major attributes that are worth noting.
- Flash custom recovery or unlock root access with Magisk Zip.
- It’s easier to run Linux commands on Android phones.
- Boost performance using a wide range of custom ROMs.
- Delete system apps, remove bloatware apps, and so on.
What are the disadvantages?
The phone will lose some privileges once you get access to the bootloader, so let’s know about those downsides.
- The phone data will be completely deleted from the system.
- Increase security vulnerability from outer threats.
- Installing custom ROMs or rooting might brick the device.
- Loss warranty perks in the new generation device.
The above 5-step instructions are the master guide to unlocking the bootloader for every Motorola phone. Finally, if you have some queries about the guide, do let us know about them in comments.