Do you want to obtain exciting rooting privileges on your phone? This post will give you a root Samsung Galaxy S22 guide that doesn’t need TWRP custom recovery.
The users will obtain the easiest method that will provide access to the rooting perks and grant subtle support so that it’s possible to change the system settings according to their needs. Furthermore, we have covered the tutorial to use the Magisk App.
With that said, let’s head toward the important steps to unlock those new features.
Root Samsung Galaxy S22 using Magisk
The process is pretty much the same as it applies for the other Android devices since you will unlock the bootloader, extract the firmware files, install magisk, use the odin flash tool, and so on.
Though, the end goal would be getting those fascinating system settings. Therefore, we won’t recommend skipping the following section where we have listed down the prerequisites. Once you have finished those things, head toward the next part.
Warning: The rooting process may be difficult for a wide range of users, and there are various disadvantage to accessing the root directory. Follow the instruction at your own risk, since the magisk guide cannot be held responsible for any harm.
Things to remember before you root!
- Disable KNOX security features to follow the steps properly.
- Create your device’s complete backup to restore data anytime.
- The users will require a computer or laptop to run commands.
- Make sure the phone is refueled more than 90% for the process.
- Only use original Samsung USB cable to link the device to PC.
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader Configuration
It’s important to note that the users will need to unlock the bootloader settings to gain access to the root directory. To put it in simple words, it’s software that runs when the phone is restarted, working as a security layer for the operating system.
The bootloader unlocking process for Samsung phones is quite simple as compared to other brands since you can directly open those system settings in just a few clicks. But if you are performing this task for the first time, then we suggest you check out the bootloader guide for Samsung devices.
Note: If you don’t follow the guide properly, you might even face a bootloop problem while rooting this phone. Therefore, complete this step before going to the next part.
Step 2: Get Samsung Galaxy S22 Firmware
The next thing that you need to download over your computer would be the firmware. You can utilize Frija tool and use model numbers and CSC codes to obtain the correct stock ROMs.
But first, the users need to write down the model number. To do so, open Settings and navigate to About Phone Model Number. Here, you will find your device build number, and write it down on a notepad. Now, you have to download the Samsung Info App from the Google play store to find out the CSC codes.
Once you have both details, you can dive into the following instruction.
- Download the latest version of the Frija tool on your computer.
- Following this, you have to extract the setup file.
- Now, enter the model number and CSC codes inside the tool.
- Click on the “Check Update” button to obtain the stock ROM file.
- Press the Download to receive the file without any problem.
Step 3: Extract AP file and transfer it to Phone
Before you start the extraction process, download the 7-zip software on the PC. Now, right-click on the firmware file and select the extract here option. With this, you will receive various files like BL, CP, CSC, AP, and Home_CSC.
- Enter the new folder and right-click on the AP file.
- Select the 7-zip option and then pick the “Add to archive” section.
- Change the format from the .lz4 to .tar and press Ok.
- Again, right-click on the AP file and select the copy option.
- Now, send this AP file to your Samsung Galaxy S22.
Step 4: Create a Patch file using Magisk App
The next instruction for you would be to get the latest Magisk app for your phone. You can obtain the newest version from our magisk post as well. Once you have installed this APK file, you are ready to follow the next section.
- I’m assuming that you have already transferred the AP files from the PC.
- Now, you have to launch the magisk application from the app drawer.
- Select the “Install” button present on the Magisk home screen.
- Pick the “Select the patch file” option from the list.
- Go to the AP file location and select the “Let’s go” button.
- With this, the patching process will be started over the phone.
- A patched magisk file will be available in the download section
Following this, you have to transfer this new magisk patched file to the PC again.
Step 5: Boot into Download Mode
Before you start this process, we recommend you open the settings app → About phone → Tap on the Build Number (8 times). Now, access the developer options and enable the OEM unlocking and USB debugging for the upcoming procedure.
Now, let’s see the process to put the Samsung Galaxy S22 into download mode.
- Long press the power button and select the Power off option.
- Now, you have to press the Volume Up + Down button and simultaneously connect the device to the PC using the original Samsung USB cable.
- Press the Volume Up button to access download mode.
Step 6: Flash Patched AP file using the Odin
- Click on the AP section and add the magisk patched file there.
- Following this, insert BL, CP, and CSC files from the stock ROM folder.
- Now, go to Options and disable the Auto-Reboot option.
- Finally, press the Start button to initiate the rooting process.
Once everything is done, reboot your device in the usual manner and configure the phone settings to start enjoying those amazing rooting attributes.
From the above step-by-step instructions, rooting the Samsung Galaxy S22 won’t be a huge hassle for you. Now, unlock robust customization, privacy, & security attributes effortlessly. Moreover, this process is applicable to Galaxy S22 series phones. Lastly, share your queries in the comment section.