Are you looking for the simplest way to root Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone? If yes, you will need a complete guide to unlock those fabulous attributes without spending any money or paying some fee.
In this post, we covered all of the necessary details that will give users a superpower to the readers. But at the same time, the process might not for everyone since it’s not a one-click procedure. You have to follow several instructions and download different files, apps, and resources in order to attain those perks.
So, without any further delay, let’s talk about the step-by-step process to reach the rooting privileges.
Root Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra using Magisk
The Galaxy S21 series phones are quite exceptional when it comes to rendering robust performance, battery life, and decent camera quality. But at the same time, you will find it difficult to control the system settings according to your desire.
However, if you properly follow this guide, there’s no doubt that you will attain those fabulous attributes. Afterward, you can modify the interface with custom ROMs, and other features without any problem.
Warning: The Samsung device will trigger the KNOX protection, which will disable all of Samsung ecosystem services, while you will also lose your phone’s warranty if you follow this guide. Thus, know the pros and cons before starting process.
- A computer and USB cable are needed for the upcoming process.
- Next, you have to download the corresponding firmware zip file.
- Download the latest Samsung USB driver on your computer.
- Make sure to back up important data before starting the guide.
Step 1: Access the developer settings
You need to unlock the developer options so that you can easily unlock the bootloader settings for the upcoming part. So without any further ado, let’s dive into the steps.
- Launch the Settings application.
- Go to About Phone and select Software information.
- Now, tap on the Build number multiple times (8-times)
- Enter your PIN or passcode to enable developer mode.
- Now, come back to the settings menu and scroll down.
- Following this, you have to enter the Developer mode.
- Finally, allow USB debugging and OEM unlocking toggle.
Step 2: Unlock the bootloader
The second thing that you need to focus on would be access to the bootloader. Unlike other Android phones, Samsung doesn’t need command lines to activate this setting. You can simply turn off the device and put it into the download mode.
Afterward, connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable while pressing the Volume Up + Down key, and then use the volume key to open the bootloader. If you desire to know the whole procedure, visit our unlock bootloader for the Samsung phone guide.
Step 3: Get the firmware file
Getting Samsung firmware files is one of the most important parts to start the rooting process in a hassle-free manner. You will need the AP file from the stock firmware file for the upcoming process.
If you want to utilize the traditional method, you need to know two necessary things about your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone. The Model number and CSC code aka regional codes. Then download and install Frija Tool on your PC to extract those files.
On the other hand, you can rely on other sources like SamFw or Sam Mobile to get the firmware file. Follow the given instructions to obtain the firmware file.
For instance, we have the “SM-G998U” model so we will visit Sam Mobile’s website, type the model number, and select the country in order to download the firmware file based on the Android version.
- Go to the Sam Mobile firmware page.
- Enter the Model number and pick the country.
- Select the firmware file that you want to download.
Step 4: Extract the AP files
Once the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra firmware file is downloaded, extract the zip file using the 7-zip or WinRaR. Following this, you have to enter this new firmware folder. Then, right-click on the AP file and transfer it to the phone’s internal storage.
Note: Make sure the AP file has a .tar file extension. If not, you have to convert it from .lz4 to .tar file format using 7zip. In some cases, if you don’t know how to convert the format, follow the given steps.
- Right-click on the AP file and select 7-zip >> Add to Archive.
- Tap on the Archive format and pick the .tar option from the list.
- Now, transfer this file to your smartphone without any delay.
Step 5: Create a patched file
Now, you have to download the magisk software on your phone. Check our dedicated post to receive the latest version of the Magisk.
- After downloading the file, install the setup file.
- Now, launch the APK and click on the Magisk Install button.
- Click on the “Select patch file” option from the list.
- Navigate to the AP file location and select it.
- Transfer the patched file to your PC once the process is complete.
Step 6: Link PC and boot in download mode
- First of all, command the device using the USB cable to the computer.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume down key to turn off the phone.
- Release Volume down after shutdown and press Volume Up + Power combo.
- In the recovery menu, select “Reboot to Bootloader” by using the volume keys.
- Confirm the “Reboot to Bootloader” access by pressing the Power button.
- That’s it! You have successfully entered into the download mode.
Step 7: Flash the Patched file
Download and install the Odin.exe setup file. After completing the installation steps, launch this software on your PC. It will detect your phone automatically, and then, you have to perform the following instruction.
- Add the magisk patched file inside the AP section.
- Also add BL, CP, and CSC files from the firmware folder.
- Go to the Option, and disable the Restart option.
- Finally, click on the start button to begin the flashing process.
Afterward, you have to enter the recovery mode once again and wipe out the data. With this, you won’t face bootloop issues in the long term. Lastly, reboot the device.
Step 8: Reconfirm Root status
You can install the magisk on your phone to check the rooting privileges access. Aside from this, the root checker app is also quite helpful in this matter, so do check out that app in the meantime as well.
Through this guide, everyone can root their Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone. It will open up new possibilities with those astounding features and fascinating custom ROM options. Yet, if you have some queries, do let us know in the comments.