Do you want to root Samsung Galaxy A71 without bricking the device? then, you don’t have to worry about that since you will get a step-by-step formula to root your phone.
Undoubtedly, it’s a splendid smartphone still, you will find it hard to unlock all of those systems functions to a certain extent since it is physically not possible to do so.
In this post, you will obtain the easiest way to unlock the rooting privileges for phones. So, without wasting time, let’s dive into the dedicated guide.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A71?
Warning: Magisk guide won’t be accountable if your device triggers the KNOX security, data loss, warranty violation, and other issues. Besides this, the process is irreversible so follow the subsequent process at your own risk.
Here are some of the basic steps that you need to cover before you dive into the root access instruction. Properly read and complete requirements to avoid troubles.
- First of all, you have to take a backup of your multimedia data.
- Enable Developer mode and allow USB debugging settings.
- Download and install the necessary resources from this post.
- Get Samsung USB drivers to connect the device to PC smoothly.
- A USB cable to interlink both PC and smartphone.
- The phone requires to be charged up to 70% approx.
Step 1: Enable Developer Mode
In case, you don’t know how to access developer settings, here are the instructions.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on About Phone > press Build Number (10-times)
- Now, go to Settings and select the Developer options.
- Next, you have to enable USB debugging toggle.
Step 2: Unlock the Bootloader Settings
Not everyone will tell you to unlock the bootloader. But at the same time, it’s important to do activities that every user needs to apply before they initiate the rooting process. Usually, if you don’t open those system settings, there’s a possibility that your device might face software damage.
However, you can avoid all of those problems by unlocking those system perks. If you don’t know about the procedure, worry not! Not too long ago, we covered a complete guide to unlocking the bootloader for Android phones. You can check that.
Note: It’s important to take a backup and finish this activity first before you start the rooting process for the Samsung Galaxy A71.
Step 3: Get the Stock Firmware
First of all, you need to obtain the details of your phone’s model number. Usually, it can be found in the About Phone section of the Settings App. Note that the build number is on a piece of paper or use a notepad to save the details.
The users have to download and install Phone Info SAM application so that extracting the CSC regional code will become easier. Once you have obtained both the CSC and model number of the Samsung firmware, you are ready to get the stock firmware.
We are using the Frija Tool. But you can utilize other tools like SamFrew or Samloader as an alternative option to download the stock firmware file.
Note: You will require a PC to install the stock firmware of your phone.
- Download and install Frija Tool on your computer or laptop.
- Extract the frija tool zip and installed the step without further ado.
- Now, launch the tool over your computer to start getting stock ROM.
- Type the phone’s “Model Number” and “CSC codes” in the given sections.
- Press on “Check Update” to look for the firmware easily.
- Tap on “Download” to receive the stock firmware.
Step 4: Extract firmware and transfer to phone
The stock firmware comes with a bundle of files that you need to extract. To do so, follow the subsequent steps to unzip the file properly.
- Once the stock ROM is downloaded, right-click on it.
- Select the Extract Here option. (You can also install unzip software like 7zip)
- Now, you have to copy the AP file to the phone’s internal storage.
- That’s it! You have successfully transferred the file.
Step 5: Patch AP File through Magisk
Before you start this step, we would recommend you download the Magisk App. It is the safest way to root any Android device and was developed by topjohnwu. Once the app is installed, you can start the patching process.
- Open the apk, and click on the Install button that is present on the home screen.
- Now, press “Select and Patch a File” from the pop-up menu.
- Head to the AP file location and select the file to start patching.
- Following this, you have to click on “Let’s Go” to begin the process.
- Once the process end, send the magisk patched file to the PC.
Step 6: Get the latest Odin Tool for PC
The Odin flash tool is one of the primary elements that is required to modify Samsung phone’s system kernel. Usually, it helps in granting the superpower to alter the whole appearance of UI using custom ROMs. Therefore, Get the updated version right away to take advantage of those great features.
- Access any preferred browser app on your PC, and download Odin.
- Go to the download folder and right-click on the setup file to extract.
- Follow the installation process, and agree with the terms and conditions.
- Finally, wait till the installation steps are complete.
Step 7: Access the Download mode
You won’t able to connect your phone directly to the PC unless you have put the phone into the Download mode. Here are the entire instructions to perform those steps.
- Start with turning off your smartphone.
- Press Volume Down + Volume Up and plug into the PC using a USB cable.
- Release all buttons when the download mode logo appears.
- To enter this mode, press Volume Up to choose OK.
- You have successfully booted the phone into download mode!
Step 8: Use Magisk Patched file on Odin Tool
To root Samsung galaxy A71, it is important to note that you have to flash the magisk patched file through the Odin software. In order to begin the Odin Flash tool, you have to link the phone to the computer using the original USB cable once again. Once you have done that, you will reach 70% closer to attaining root access.
- Select the “AP” section and go to the location of the magisk patched file.
- Click on the option that is present on the right side of the tool.
- Uncheck the “Auto Reboot” function from the drop-down list.
- Lastly, press the “Start” key to initiate the flashing process.
In a few minutes, the tool screen will show “Pass” which means that you have modified the root directories of your phone.
Step 9: Check Root Status
Finally, you have to confirm the root access. To do so, you have to reboot the phone and install the Magisk app. If you notice that the magisk files are installed over your phone, you have succeeded with this method.
On the other hand, we recommend double-checking the root privileges access through the root checker applications that are generally found in the Play Store.
With this guide, you can quickly and smoothly root the Samsung phone. People often struggle to complete the process as many sites don’t give the correct resources. We ensure you that if the instructions are pursued correctly, you can attain that privileged access without further ado.