Do you want to root Samsung Galaxy A51 using magisk method? Here you will obtain a complete guide so that you can effortlessly get those privileges over your phone and enjoy the extreme performance, advanced customization, and robust security perks.
In this post, we have covered all of the details in one place. So you don’t have to go to other places in search of additional resources. With that said, let’s get started with the primary process.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A51?
Warning: Magisk guide is not responsible for KNOX security trigger or multi media data loss, or violation of warranty privileges. If you are following these subsequent steps, you will lose Samsung ecosystem apps, and you can’t reverse this process. So follow the steps at your own will.
Before you are getting started with the primary instructions, we would recommend our readers hold on a second and complete the pre-requirements.
- Get a Windows PC with a USB cable to connect the device.
- Download the necessary Samsung USB drives on your PC.
- Ensure to take a backup of your phone first.
- Fuel the phone’s battery up to 90% for smooth usage
Step 1: Enable Developer Mode
The first thing that you need to do would be to get access the developer modes. With this, initializing the rooting process will become one step easier.
- Open the Settings app from the home screen.
- Navigate to About Phone > Multiple times and tap on Build Number (8-times)
- Again, open Settings > Developer options > Allow USB debugging toggle.
Step 2: Unlock the bootloader
Next, the users have to finish the unlocking process of the bootloader. Though every device got a different boot image, at the end of the day, you have to unlock those settings to obtain root privileges. You can follow up with a dedicated guide to perform this essential task in a hassle free manner.
Note: If you don’t unlock those settings, the phone isn’t able to get root access. To complete this procedure you head toward the next part.
Step 3: Download the Stock Firmware file
You have to know your Build Number and CSC codes. The model build number can easily be found through the phone’s settings menu, whereas you have to download and install the Phone Info SAM app to obtain the CSC code.
Once you have done that, you have to download and install stock firmware finder software. You can use applications like SamFrew or Samloader. But we prefer using the Frija Tool to conveniently get the phone’s stock image without any problem.
Note: I’m assuming that you have already found the CSC code and Model Number.
- Download and install the latest version of Frija Tool on your PC.
- Enter “Model number” and “CSC code” details inside this tool.
- Click on the “Check Update” to obtain the Samsung Galaxy A51 firmware.
- Finally, click on “Download” to gain stock ROM.
Step 4: Extract AP File and copy it to the phone
The stock ROM will take some time to fully download over the computer. Once that happened, you have to extract those firmware files. Next have to collect the AP file. Here’s the complete process to do so
- Navigate to the download folder and right-click on the firmware file.
- Now extract the firmware zip file with 7zip or any other unzipper
- The firmware will take a few minutes to complete and unfold all folders.
Open the extracted folder and transfer the individual AP file to your smartphone.
Step 5: Patch AP File using Magisk App
Get the latest version of the Magisk application to root Samsung Galaxy A51 without trouble at all. Usually, you can download and install this app, while you can also check more details regarding the magisk in our other posts.
- Access the Magisk app and press the “Install” button.
- Click on the “Select and Patch a File” option from the drop down menu.
- Now, navigate to the AP file through the internal storage directory.
- Select the AP file and press “Let’s Go” to begin the patching process.
- Now, transfer the magisk patched file to the computer.
Step 6: Download and Extract Odin Tool
In the following process, you will need the Odin Tool that will help you to flash patched files over the stock ROM. Moreover, the patched magisk file will be used through this software. Therefore, we recommend using the latest version.
- Open browser on the PC, and download Odin Flash Tool.
- Next, right-click on the new folder and extract the setup file.
- Select the Odin3.exe file from the download folder.
- Next, start the installation steps and finish it.
Step 7: Put the phone in Download Mode
It’s quite easy to boot the device into the Download mode.
- Simply, turn off the Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons.
- Select Reboot to bootloader using the Volume keys.
- The download mode appears on the screen.
- Now, connect it to PC using the USB cable.
Step 8: Flash Patched Magisk File using Odin
The tool will automatically recognize the phone in download mode. With this, you can move to the next part to root Samsung Galaxy A51. Remember, we extracted stock firmware files. It would have BL, CP, and CSC files, you won’t need them.
- In the “AP” section, you have to place the recently magisk patched AP file.
- Now, you have to click on the “Option” button in the Odin tool.
- Disable the “Auto Reboot” settings from the menu.
- Finally, click on the “Start” button to flash the patched file.
When the modification has been applied on the root directory, the Odin tool screen will show “Pass” above the device section.
Step 9: Reconfigure the system with Magisk
Lastly, you have to complete the process by rebooting your device and installing the Magisk App once again. Here are the instructions that you need to follow.
- Power up normally → select the system without Magisk
- Press and hold Power + Volume Up → Bootloader warning will appear
- Release both the keys → Select System with Magisk
- Press and hold Power Volume Up key → Bootloader warning will appear
- Release the Power button and keep holding the volume up to boot into the actual recovery
- With this, you have root Samsung Galaxy A51!
You can confirm the root access by checking the install section of the Magisk app. If you notice the Installed text inside the Magisk box, everything is alright. On top of that, you can run the SafetyNet test to confirm access. Finally, do let us know your queries below.