It’s possible to root Samsung Galaxy A32 smartphone if you know the correct method to unlock the rooting access. In this post, you will obtain essential tools, software, and other necessary resources that will achieve your dream.
Although, we won’t deny that Samsung phones are practically difficult since you may have to cross paths with KNOX security, while many people struggle to even unlock the bootloader settings. Hopefully, you don’t have to worry for a single moment as we have covered a step-by-step guide in the following section.
Root Samsung Galaxy A32 using Magisk?
The A-series phones work splendidly in most aspects. But eventually, you notice the device is not meeting the performance expectation, taking a long time to get Android updates, and so on. If you are constantly thinking about how to improve those factors, we would suggest accessing root privileges
With them, you can modify the dull interface layout to a different level using numerous custom ROMs seen on the internet, while at the same time, updating the firmware will become easier. So, without any further ado, let’s know the whole process.
Requirements to Rooting
But before we are diving into the procedure, it’s advised to finish pre-requirements.
- First of all, you will require A USB cable and a computer or laptop.
- Second, make sure to download and extract Odin Tool on the PC.
- Next, install the Samsung USB drivers to easily connect the phone to PC.
- Make sure to take create a multi-media backup before getting started!
- The phone needs to be refueled by around 80% for smoother usage.
Warning: The subsequent instructions could cause damage to your smartphone, such as bootloop, brick the device, crash the system, trigger KNOX security, and many more things. Now that you know about the downsides, follow the steps at your own risk!
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader configuration
The first thing that the users need to perform is to receive access to the bootloader of their Galaxy phones. It’s a quite important activity, which will create a foundation to unlock the rooting perks over your device.
Although, every Android handset has a unique way to achieve those system settings. However, the process for Samsung phones is pretty easy since you don’t need to run fastboot commands. Instead, you can use the recovery to reboot the bootloader.
Not too long ago, we covered a full guide to unlocking the bootloader for Samsung phones so that you can get started with the process without any delay.
Step 2: Get the Firmware file
Generally, when you want to root any Samsung phone, you need to acquire official firmware so that you can modify the system files according to your desire. Here are the instructions to start the process.
- Launch the Settings App and head toward “About Phone”
- In the new menu, you have will notice the “Build Number”
- Write down the code anywhere you want! (Ex. SM-A325F)
Once you have obtained the build number of your Samsung phone, you have come one step closer to rooting the device. Now, visit the SAM Mobile website and go to the firmware section. Enter the code that you have just written, and pick the country.
Search the official firmware based on the Galaxy A32 Android version that you are currently using. Download and extract the firmware file on your computer.
Step 3: Extract the AP file
I’m assuming that you have already extracted the firmware zip file, if not, completely extract the folder first. Once that happened, you will find various files inside this new folder. Such as BL, CSC, CP, etc. But you have to copy the AP file only.
Note: Make sure to change the AP file extension from .lz4 format to .tar, which can be possible by 7-zip. You have to do this task before transferring the file to the phone.
- Go to the extracted folder and copy the AP file.
- Next, connect the phone using a USB cable to PC.
- Paste the AP file to the phone’s internal storage.
Step 4: Create a Patched file via Magisk
This section is quite important for every user since you have downloaded and installed the latest Magisk application. You can get the official version from our Magisk post as well and install it to fully utilize the flashing features.
- Launch the Magisk app from the app drawer.
- Press on the Install button (from the Magisk section).
- Here, you have to click on “select the patch file” from the list.
- Afterward, navigate to the AP file location and select it!
- A flashing process will begin in a moment.
- A magisk_patched file will be created in the download folder.
Now, you have to transfer the patched magisk file to the computer and follow the next part of this guide.
Step 5: Put the phone in Download mode
Remember to enable OEM unlock and USB debugging from the developer modes since it will help you connect your device to the PC in download mode properly. Following this, here are the instructions to access this mode.
- Turn off your phone using the Power button.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down + Power key for a few seconds.
- Go new screen will appear, release all of the buttons at once.
- To continue with this mode, you have to press Volume Up.
- That’s it! You have successfully booted into the download mode.
Through this, the device is ready to be connected to a PC using the USB cable. Link your device so that you can perform the flashing process over your phone.
Step 6: Use Odin Flash Tool
For the upcoming process, you will need the Odin tool, to download and extract the setup file so we start the flashing procedure without any further ado.
- First of all, launch the Odin tool on your PC.
- The tool will automatically detect the device if connected properly.
- Click on the “AP” section and insert the magisk patched file.
- Following this, you can add BL, CP, and CSC files from firmware folder.
- Then, click on the “Option” section and disable “Auto Reboot” function.
- Finally, press the Start button to initiate the flashing process.
Once the flashing procedure ends, you can reboot the device. Inside the user interface, you will find that the magisk is already installed. If not, download the app again and confirm the rooting status.
We trimmed down unnecessary parts so that the easiest method to root Samsung Galaxy A32 comes to life. Now, unlock system settings, change interface layout, and more. Last but not least, you can ask your queries in the comment section.