Do you want to unlock the system settings of your phone in the correct way? Or do you have the desire to customize the UI at your terms? Then, you can follow the root Samsung Galaxy A31 guide to perform system changes in a few minutes.
Samsung smartphones are one of the devices on which you can obtain root access in quite an easier way if you are aware of appropriate methods. Therefore, we have covered a simple step by steps instruction that will deliver real results.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A31?
Warning: During the process, most people activate KNOX security. Following the guide will result in issues such as warranty violations, bootloop, and bricking.
Many people failed to achieve those perks as they don’t complete the required tasks. Don’t be those guys, follow these instructions before starting the process.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of multimedia data.
- You will need the Samsung USB driver to connect to PC.
- An original USB cable will be required to link the device to PC.
- Ensure the phone is charged the phone up to 80%.
- Download important resources from this post.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader settings
It’s possible to unlock the bootloader configuration of Android phones, while Samsung phones have the easiest way to unlock those system settings. All you need to do is enable developer mode and access the OEM unlocking and USB debugging. To do so follow these steps.
- Go to the settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number a few times
- Go back to the Settings menu and select the Developer options.
- Enable the OEM unlocking and USB debugging choice.
- Then, you have to turn off the Samsung Galaxy A31 device.
- Now, connect the phone to a computer using a USB cable
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Down to enter the download mode.
- Click on the Volume Up button to access the bootloader menu.
- Again Click on Volume Up to confirm unlocking the bootloader.
Note: After this process, the phone will ask to delete complete data from the phone, and confirm it. Finally, reboot the phone to follow up on the next part.
Step 2: Download Stock firmware
There are various ways from which you can get the firmware of Samsung phones. But if you are in search of an easy method, we recommend you to visit Samfrew. There, you will obtain every Galaxy smartphone’s latest firmware, and the process to get stock ROM is quite simple.
All you need to note down is the Samsung Galaxy A31 model number, you will find this number inside the Settings > About Phone section. Now, just visit Samfrew and enter your phone’s model number and country to obtain the firmware.
Note: You have to download the stock firmware on a computer or laptop.
Step 3: Transfer the AP file to the Phone
Once you have downloaded the stock ROM, the next thing that you need to perform would be to extract the folder and transfer the AP file to your phone.
- Go to the download folder and right-click on the firmware.
- Click on Extract here to obtain different files like AP, CSC, BL, etc.
- Next, you have to send the AP files to your phone.
Step 4: Create a Patched AP file using Magisk
We would recommend installing the latest version of the Magisk app for the upcoming process. So that we can focus on patching the AP file without any problems.
- Go to the magisk app location and install it over your phone.
- Inside the home screen, click on the “Install” button of magisk.
- Click on “Select and Patch a File” from the list.
- Now, navigate to the AP file and select the file.
- With this, the patching process will be started.
- Once it ends, you will find a magisk_patched file in the download folder.
- Finally, transfer that file to the computer.
Step 5: Put the phone into Download mode
I’m assuming that you have already allowed USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer options again. Once that happens, you can head toward the process to put your phone in download mode. Follow the steps to do so.
- Begin by switching off your handset.
- Press Volume Up + Down and plug it into the PC via a USB cable.
- Release Volume keys after the Download mode opens.
- Now, click on Volume Up to confirm the access.
Step 6: Download and install the Odin Tool
You will require a flashing tool for the Samsung phone that will provide subtle support while you flash custom ROMs. We recommend the Odin Flash tool, but you can choose any other tool according to your wish.
- Download the preferred version of the Odin flash tool on your PC.
- Head toward the download folder and extract the setup file.
- Follow the software installation process and confirm the terms and conditions.
- That’s it! You have successfully set up.
Step 7: Flash the patched file via Odin Tool
Note: It’s the most important part of rooting the Samsung Galaxy A31. Make sure to follow instructions properly to unlock those impressive privileges with no trouble.
- First of all, launch the Odin tool from your computer.
- The tool will automatically detect your phone in download mode.
- Click on the “AP” section, and select the magisk patched file.
- Press on the “BL” sections, and add BL files from the firmware folder.
- The above step is applied to the “CP” and “CSC” sections too.
- Once you have added all files, click on the Options button.
- Here, you have to disable the Auto Reboot from the list.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin rooting.
The process will take a few minutes to complete, wait till then. Now, press and hold Volume Up + Power key until the Samsung appears. Release the power button, but keep pressing Volume ↑ until the recovery mode opens.
Afterward, the phone will take 5~6 minutes to reboot. Now, you can install the Magisk app again.
Step 8: Reconfirm Root Access
To reconfirm the root permission, you can download Magisk app on your phone. Once you launched the app, the magisk is already installed. If you don’t see installed sign on the home screen, turn off the phone and press the Volume Up and Power buttons to gain rooting attributes.
With this post, anybody can root Samsung Galaxy A31 and start enjoying the brilliant perks of the custom ROMs, modify system configuration, and do various other things. Aside from this, share your thoughts in the following section.