Root Samsung Galaxy A30 can be beneficial if you desire to achieve the core potential of your device. In this following post, you will obtain the necessary details so that you can effortlessly start the rooting process.
Undoubtedly, many users might find it difficult to follow the step-by-step tutorial. But, don’t worry, we are providing the easiest solution to attain those rooting privileges for your devices. So, without any further ado, let’s dive into this post.
Root Samsung Galaxy A30 using Magisk
We won’t be denied, there is a wide range of rooting procedures for Android. But if you want to gain those impeccable features for a Samsung phone, the options are limited since the company doesn’t allow users to modify the system.
However, your dream can come true by using the correct firmware file, extracting the boot img file, creating patched_magisk file, and flashing it through the Odin tool. Yes, the process may look pretty simple from the outside. But, you need to prepare various resources before starting the process.
Therefore, we would highly recommend readers follow the subsequent requisite and finish them to avoid any trouble during the rooting procedure.
Warning: Magisk Guide will support you through this guide. But, the users need to take accountability as the rooting process can lead to issues like system crashes, KNOX protection triggers, and so on. So think twice before diving into instruction.
Requirements to Rooting!
- A computer or laptop will be required to operate the command prompt.
- A USB cable will be needed to link both the phone and the computer.
- Make sure to take a backup of the phone’s internal storage data.
- Get the latest Samsung USB driver to connect the device properly.
- Set up Odin on your PC and download Magisk on your phone respectively.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader settings
You may be wondering why it’s necessary to access the bootloader settings. It’s a pretty important thing if you want to unlock the rooting privilege over your phone. Yet, the overall procedure for accessing those system settings is slightly difficult.
But you don’t have to worry about those things since we are providing a dedicated guide to unlock bootloader on any Samsung phone. With that, you can even attain those features for the Samsung Galaxy A30 easily.
Step 2: Download the Samsung firmware
In order to attain those amazing rooting perks for Samsung phones, the users need to download the correct firmware file. For that, you need to know the model number and CSC code of your phone. If you have both things, you can easily get those files.
At the same time, you will find various options to receive legit firmware. Hopefully, you don’t need to wander around and choose between the SAM mobile or SamFw website to get the firmware, while the Frija tool is also a good choice.
- Go to any website and enter your model number with your country name.
- Now, download the firmware file on your computer or laptop.
- Navigate to the firmware file and extract the zip file via the unzipper.
Step 3: Extract the AP file
I hope you downloaded the firmware file. Now, proceed to the extracted folder and obtain boot img file so that you can begin the rooting process without further delay.
Note: For the following process, you will need 7-zip so download this tool now.
- Now, access the firmware folder and right-click on the AP file.
- Select the “Extract Here” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, enter the AP folder and right-click on the boot.img file.
- You have to select the 7-zip >> Add to Archive option.
- Change the archive format from .lz4 to your preferred .tar format.
- Finally, transfer the boot img file to Samsung Galaxy A30.
Step 4: Create the patched file via Magisk
First of all, download the magisk app on your phone and install the setup without any further ado. Once you have completely set up this apk file, let’s see the step-by-step process to create a magisk patched file to unlock root access.
Note: Get the boot img file from the computer as shown in the previous section.
- Open the Magisk app and tap on the Install button.
- Click on the Select patch file option from the list.
- Now, go to the boot img file location and select it.
- With that, the flashing process will start.
- A magisk_patch.tar will be created in the download folder.
Finally, you have to transfer this file to your computer setup and follow the process to put your Samsung phone into download mode.
Step 5: Access the Download mode
Here’s the process to put the Samsung Galaxy A30 into the download mode.
- You have to long-press the Power button and select the turn-off option.
- Press Volume Up + Down and connect the device to the PC via a USB cable.
- With this step, the phone will automatically boot into the download screen.
Step 6: Use the Odin Flash Tool
Note: Download the latest version of the Odin setup on your PC for the upcoming instructions. You can choose the new Odin3.zip version for better usage.
- Launch the Odin Flash tool after installing the setup file.
- The software will detect your phone without any problem.
- Now, click on the AP section and select the magisk_patch file.
- Add BP, CL, and CSC files from the download firmware file.
- Go to the Options section and disable the Auto-Reboot function.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin the rooting process.
Step 7: Reconfirm Root Privileges
After the process ends, press the Volume Down + Power key to exit the download mode. Following this, you have to press the Volume Up + Down + Power button to access the recovery. Select the Wipe data option and factory reset the phone.
Now, select the Reboot Now option from the recovery and set up your handset from scratch. Later, you can download and install the magisk app to authenticate the root directory access. On the other hand, you can utilize the Root Checker app too.
Magisk is the best way to Root Samsung Galaxy A30 can be proven from the above tutorial. If you have some queries regarding rooting, do let us know in the comment section, and we will respond to your questions soon.