Are you looking for the Root Samsung Galaxy A20 full tutorial? If yes, this guide covers all of the necessary details so that you can effortlessly unlock the root access for your phone without much trouble.
Although, the process of activating the root directory features for the Samsung phone can be difficult sometimes if you don’t know about the appropriate resource flies such as flashing tools, magisk, and a wide range of things.
However, you are not required to think about those tedious details and must instead concentrate on everything that occurs in the following section. With that said, let’s head toward the step-by-step guide!
Root Samsung Galaxy A20 using Magisk
The Samsung A-series phone is one of the few phones that provides a combination of amazing specs and an immersive software experience. Yet, there’s no doubt that you can’t attain full control of the system files unless you somehow find root access.
The upcoming process will involve several steps, resources, toolkits, and various things that might be tough to track in the first go. Thus, we suggest you read the requisite list before you start taking any action.
Warning: Rooting any Samsung phone can lead to a KNOX security breach that is equivalent to losing warranty privileges. If you are aware of those downsides and know that the process can be irreversible, only then follow the guide.
Requirements of Rooting!
Here’s the primary list that requires your attention so that avoiding future problems can become easier for you. Now, let’s have a look at the instruction.
- From the start, unlock the Samsung phone bootloader.
- Next thing, you will need a computer and a USB cable.
- The PC requires Samsung USB driver to connect the phone properly.
- Download and install the Magisk App on your phone.
- Get the latest version of the Odin Flash tool setup for PC.
- Make sure to create a backup file before starting the process.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader settings
The whole process of getting access to the bootloader is quite easier on the Samsung device. Just put the phone in the download mode and connect your phone to the PC or laptop and easily attain bootloader settings. If you find it difficult, you can follow our dedicated guide in order to unlock this system feature.
Step 2: Get Samsung Galaxy A20 Firmware
Undoubtedly, there are several techniques from which the users will receive the stock ROM. But as a thumb rule, you need to know about the model number and CSC codes for getting the correct firmware version.
- First of all, you need to open the Settings app.
- Select the About phone section from the list.
- Finally, note down the model number of your phone.
For example, our phone’s model is SM-A205F, so we will go to the SamFw to easily download the firmware file according to our country.
Note: Every smartphone has a different model number, so thoroughly check before downloading the stock firmware files on your computer or laptop.
Step 3: Transfer the boot file to the phone
We are assuming that you have already downloaded the stock ROM. Now, let’s dive into the following steps to simply extract data and copy the necessary files to your phone. Without any further ado, let’s begin.
- Simply go to the downloaded file location and extract the zip file.
- Use 7-zip software to efficiently extract stock ROM content.
- Open the extracted folder and right-click on the AP file section.
- Extract the AP file again and right-click on the boot img file.
- Select the 7-zip and then the “Add to archive” option.
- Change the “Archive format” from .lz4 to .tar and click on “Save”.
- Finally, transfer the boot img files to your Samsung Galaxy A20.
Note: For Windows 11, when you have right-click on the boot file, you have to select “show more options” from the drop-down menu in order to access 7-zip features.
Step 4: Create Magisk patched file
Before initiating following steps, you have to unlock the bootloader and install Magisk on your phone. If not, go to the requirement section to complete the remaining tasks. Afterward, you are fully ready to task some serious actions.
- Start by launching the Magisk App.
- Click on the “Install” button present in the Magisk section.
- Tap the “Select patch file” option from the phone screen.
- Following this, you have to select the transferred boot img file.
- The patching process will start on the Magisk application.
- Once done, retrieve the magisk_patched file to the PC.
Step 5: Developer Settings and Download Mode
Here, you will understand the simple process to attain the developer options. So, let’s have a look at the process.
- First of all, you have to open the Settings App.
- Select the About section and click on the build number (9-times)
- Following this, access Additoan settings >> Developer option.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking toggle.
Once you have access to those system settings, it’s time to dive into the procedure to enter the download mode. Here is the primary instruction to do so.
- Turn off the phone using the Power button.
- Press the Volume Down + Power key combination.
- Now, press Volume Up to open the download mode.
- Finally, connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 6: Flash Patched file using Odin tool
We are assuming that you have already downloaded the Odin3.exe setup file on your computer or laptop. Now, let’s operate this tool to flash the magisk patched file.
- The phone will automatically detect the Odin tool if connected properly.
- Now, click on the “AP” slot and navigate to the patched magisk file location.
- On the right side, tap on the Option and disable the “Auto-Reboot” function.
- Click on the Start button and wait till the “Pass” doesn’t appear.
- If you see the “Pass” sign, remove the phone from the USB cable.
Finally, reboot your phone and wipe out data once again for a stable user interface. You can download the magisk app to confirm the root access with no problem.
I hope you have successfully root Samsung Galaxy A20 using our step-by-step guide. Moreover, it will play a major role in giving total control over your phone so get those extra privileges without any further ado. Meanwhile, do let us know your thoughts in the following comments.