Root Samsung Galaxy A12 would be a great choice for the users since you will get various exciting perks and privileges that can’t be attained through the stock ROM’s configuration. Worry not, we are providing a step-by-step guide to reach there.
There’s no doubt that you have to download different tools, zip files, and fetch a wide range of phone settings in order to achieve root directory access. You might have your own reasons to unlock those system functions.
Therefore, let’s head toward the subsequent instruction so that you can take control of the phone settings according to your wish. With that said, let’s get started!
Root Samsung Galaxy A12 using Magisk App
The Galaxy A12 smartphone may not have the best specs or performance aspects as compared to the nowadays phones. But if you are willing to take the risk, rooting will increase processing power, enhance camera results, and render Android updates.
Apart from this, many people unlock the system powers to change the interface with numerous custom ROM options. It will completely change the way you use the phone over the years and grant total control.
Warning: There is a chance that upcoming procedures will trigger KNOX security and create obstacles. Furthermore, it is an irreversible process, which will remove warranty perks, and disable security layering. So, follow at your will.
But before you dive into the process to root this device, finish the prerequisites first.
Requirements to rooting!
- First of all, you will need a USB cable and a computer or laptop.
- Download the necessary Samsung USB drivers on the PC.
- Unlock the bootloader settings for convenient usage.
- Back up your phone’s data so that you can restore it anytime.
- Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy A12 has 100% battery life.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
When you are rooting your phone, the first thing you must do to complete the checklist is gain access to the bootloader. Though, each company built its bootloader different manner, so the process unlocks will also be unique.
Speaking of Samsung phones, you don’t need to operate a command prompt or some process that has a waiting period. The user will obtain those system settings instantly. You have to enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging from the developer mode.
Next, you have to turn Off the device and press the Volume Up + Down button combo and connect to the PC to get the bootloader access. While you can use our bootloader unlock guide for Samsung phones so that you can effortlessly access boot settings.
Step 2: Download the correct firmware file
In order to download the appropriate Samsung Galaxy A12 firmware, you need to be aware of the model number and CSC code of your smartphone. You will discover the model informations in the About Phone section of the Settings menu. Where you can install the SAM Info tool to obtain the CSC code.
- Download the latest version of the Frija tool on the PC.
- Install the setup files and launch the software.
- Enter a Model number (SM-A125F) and CSC code.
- Click on the Check Update to see get the stock ROM.
- Finally, press on the download to start the download process.
Aside from this, you can also check out the alternative site, SAMMobile, to receive the latest firmware based on the Android version and precise location.
Step 3: Extract the AP files from the firmware
First of all, the readers need to download the 7-zip tool on the PC so that it becomes easier to extract the zip and change file formats. I’m assuming that you have already downloaded the stock ROM from the above section. Now, let’s see the entire process to extract the additional files.
- Open the firmware folder, and right-click on the AP section.
- Here, you have to select the 7-zip option and press “Add to Archive”
- Now, change the file format from .lz4 to .tar for the upcoming process.
- Finally, transfer the AP files with the .tar extension to your phone.
Step 4: Download Magisk to create a patch file
First of all, get the latest version of the magisk app from our dedicated post and install it on your phone. Once you have done that, you can move to the next step to start the file patching process. Here are the instructions to do so.
- Launch the Magisk application on your phone.
- Go to the Install section that appears on the Magisk.
- Click on the Select the patch file option from the list.
- Go to the AP file location and select it to start the patching process.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the procedure.
- Now, the magisk patched file will appear in the download folder.
- Transfer this patched file to your computer for later usage.
Step 5: Access the Download Mode
Start by heading to the settings app → About Phone. Next, the reader has to click on the Software information and tap on the build number more than 8 times. Now, come back to the settings menu and select “system” to access developer mode.
Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging from the developer settings. Finally, you are ready to enter the Download mode of Samsung Galaxy A12, let’s see the process.
- First of all, you have to turn off the device by pressing the Power button.
- Now, press the Volume Up + Down and connect to PC via USB cable.
- You can confirm download mode access by pressing the Volume buttons.
- That’s it! You have successfully put the phone into download mode.
Step 6: Setup the Odin Flash Tool
In order to root Samsung Galaxy A12, get the latest version of the Odin Flash tool and extract the setup file without any further ado. Once the installation process ends, open the software and follow the subsequent instruction.
- First, put the phone into download mode using the previous step.
- Now, you have to launch the Odin Flash tool on your computer.
- Click on the AP section to add to the magisk patched file.
- On the right side, you will notice the “option” section, click on it.
- Here, you have disabled the “Auto-Reboot” option.
- Finally, press the “start” button to initiate the flashing process.
Afterward, you can reboot the phone in a regular manner and you will notice that the magisk software is already installed. From here onwards, follow the next step.
Step 7: Reconfirm Root Samsung Galaxy A12
The best method to confirm the root access would be to check the magisk app. If you notice Yes under the Magisk installs section, you have unlocked those amazing perks. You can also download and install the root checker app to do the same work.
I hope that you have successfully rooted Galaxy A12 using our tutorial and received control over the system directory. With those new powers, you can do several things, so use those superpowers wisely. Meanwhile, ask your queries in the comment.