Root Redmi Note 9 Pro using the custom recovery and magisk is possible. Yes, rooting does allow users to unlock core system files and render a wide range of perks that are unachievable by the regular device.
In this following part, we will cover all of the basic stuff even if you are unlocking those rooting privilege for the first time. In addition, we are providing the required resources, tools, and applications for a smoother experience. With that said, let’s get started with the subsequent guide.
Root Redmi Note 9 Pro using Magisk
If you want to take control over the system settings, getting root access to the device would be the best way. Although, there’s no denying that the Redmi Note 9 Pro is a decent mid-range phone. But still, you can gain root access using the magisk file.
It is true that the custom recovery will help you install ROMs, kernels, and advanced software. But the first thing you need to acquire would be the bootloader settings. If you don’t want to waste your time, we recommend completing the prerequisites.
Warning: We’re assuming that you already know the downside of rooting devices, if not, you should wait and be aware of the risk to unlock the root directory. It may lead to problems like bootloop, and warranty loss, so follow the guide at your will.
Requirements to Rooting!
Here is the list of things to unlock the root access on the Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- First of all, you will need a Windows PC to start the process.
- Make sure to grab the official USB cable to connect to the PC.
- Get the latest version of the platform tools and magisk zip.
- The phone needs to be charged more than 90%.
- Take a backup of your important multimedia data in one place.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader settings
In order to root redmi note 9 pro, the first thing that every reader needs to do would be to get the bootloader settings access. Although, if you are using the traditional way, it will take almost a week or so.
But it is worth it since the users are not restricted to installing custom recoveries and ROMs on their devices. But, you need to create a Mi account first to start the process. Worry not, We have provided a comprehensive tutorial on unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi phones.
Follow the guide so that you can effortlessly unlock those settings without any issues.
Note: Ensure to create a backup file before you open the bootloader instructions.
Step 2: Get the Correct Resources
You require to download on the PC would be your smartphone’s custom recovery. We are using this (Team Win Recovery Project) option, while the readers aren’t restricted to using other custom recovery choices.
Hopefully, you will get the official recovery version through the original source, so fetch the file without any further ado. Moreover, it’s quite easier to install TWRP recovery on an Android phone. With this, it becomes easier to flash the magisk file.
On the other hand, we recommend you install the Xiaomi USB driver to connect to the Note 9 Pro with no problem. Furthermore, you will need the platform tools on your PC. Follow the instructions to get the newest version.
- Open any preferred browser and visit the platform tools site.
- Click on the Download option for Windows (since we are using Windows PC)
- Now go to the download folder and install the setup.exe file.
- Once that happened, copy the TWRP and magisk files into the same folder.
Step 3: Unlock Developer Settings
We are assuming that you have already access the bootloader, now let’s head toward the next part. Here are the step-by-step instructions to access developer options.
- First of all, you have to launch the Settings App.
- Next, click on the About Phone section from the menu.
- Tap on the MIUI version multiple times (exactly 8-times)
- Now, navigate to the additional settings → Developer options
- Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlocking features.
Step 4: Put the device on fastboot mode
At this point, you have completed roughly 50% process so stay strong and start the fastboot process of your device using the following method.
- You have to press the Power button to select the Turn Off option.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down + Power button combination.
- Release both of the buttons once you notice the fastboot on the screen.
- Finally, connect the device through the USB cable and then to PC.
Step 5: Use Platform Tools Commands
I’m assuming that you have already installed the necessary drivers and tools for this procedure from above section. Now, simply enter it inside the platform tools folder.
- Press Shift + Right-click to access the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Open PowerShell Window Here” option.
- Type the command “fastboot devices” to verify your smartphone.
- Now, enter the second command “fastboot flash recovery” space and drag-drop the TWRP file in the empty area of the command prompt.
- Press Enter to start the flashing process for the custom recovery.
Step 6: Boot into TWRP recovery mode
- Now, you have to press the Volume Up + Power button combination.
- Release both buttons after you have booted into the TWRP recovery.
- Select the preferred language and enter the passcode if you have any.
- Now, click on the Mount Section and enable the System option.
- Finally, reboot your phone to move to the next step.
Afterward, you have to download the magisk zip file on your Redmi phone or transfer the file if you have already downloaded it on your computer. Now, let’s check out the rest of the process.
Step 7: Root Redmi Note 9 Pro
I’m assuming that you have already downloaded the magisk flashable zip file on your phone. Following this, you have to boot into the TWRP recovery via the Volume Up + Power button combo.
- Inside the TWRP home screen, select the “Install” button.
- Go to the location of the magisk file and click on it.
- Swipe right to initialize the flashing process.
- Once the procedure is finished, reboot the device.
- Finally, you have successfully rooted the Redmi Nte 9 Pro.
At the same time, you will notice that the magisk App is already installed on system. So what are you waiting for, get those amazing privileges with no further ado.
I hope the readers gain complete information regarding the Redmi Note 9 Pro rooting process. If you have some doubts or queries, do let us know in the following section and share your thoughts!