Do you want to root Redmi Note 7 Pro using the custom recovery? Then, this post will guide you through the easiest way to unlock those amazing attributes over the device. With that, you are not limited by the stock configuration.
Many people find it difficult to follow up on the methods since they don’t know about the correct resources, toolkits, and files, which are necessary to obtain root privileges. But, you don’t have to worry about those things as we will cover the complete guide.
How to Root Redmi Note 7 Pro?
There’s no doubt that the Note 7 Pro phone was quite exceptional during the 2020 era of smartphones. But now, you might have noticed that the phone is not performing as it used to be or you might not getting the latest Android update.
In that case, if you want to experience those latest and unique MIUI features, we will suggest you receive root access and modify the system layout according to the user’s needs. On top of that, receive numerous elements to tweak the user interface.
But before we unfold the rooting guide instruction, we recommend readers finish the following pre-requirements to smoothly perform the upcoming process.
Warning: The magisk guide is not responsible for warranty violation, erasing data, UI crashing problems, bootloop, slugging performance, etc. Thus, it is advised to follow the subsequent steps at your own risk.
Requirements to Rooting!
- You will need a USB cable and computer setup to perform this guide.
- The phone needs to have at least 80% battery life before proceeding.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the USB driver for your PC.
- The users need to create a backup before getting started with the steps.
- Download the TWRP file, magisk, and other resources from this post.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
Note: Unlocking the bootloader configuration will erase internal storage data. Hence, it’s necessary to create a dedicated backup to avoid losing your precious data.
It’s a thumb rule for every rooting process to unlock the bootloader. The same goes for Xiaomi phones. Yet, the process to fetch those settings will be time-consuming as the official developer check details before giving access.
On top of that, the users are required to access developer configuration, create an MI account, enable find my device settings, and use MI unlock tool to finally achieve the bootloader settings access.
Usually, the waiting period is around 7 working days, and aftward, you will get those system settings access. It is a slightly long process so we suggest readers follow our unlock bootloader for Xiaomi phone guide. It will provide everything in one place.
Step 2: Get ADB drivers and Platform tools
As we have mentioned before, you will need a computer for this process. Once you have a PC with you, start downloading the latest USB driver to avoid facing issues while connecting your smartphone for the upcoming process.
Aside from this, we suggest getting the ADB drivers because they will help you to run the command prompt in a hassle-free manner. Last but not least, you will require SDK Android Platform tools to run fastboot commands. Here are the installation steps.
- Visit the official website of the Platform tools.
- Select the preferred zip file based on the PC.
- After the download process end, extract the zip file.
- Go to the extracted folder and install the platform tools setup.
Note: We using Windows PC so we select Windows files. If you are using Mac and Linux operating systems, select the files and vice versa.
Step 3: Download the TWRP recovery file
In general, there are various custom recoveries available on the internet. But if you are looking for the most trusted option, it’s undoubtedly the TWRP recovery. It will give more options than the stock recovery with a touchscreen experience.
On top of that, you can download the flashable img file directly from the official site. You will save this file on your computer or laptop so that Redmi Note 7 Pro rooting process takes place without any problem.
Note: The upcoming custom recovery flashing process can apply to other recoveries as well. So, make sure to read the following sections properly.
Step 4: Access Developer options
In this section, you will know how to enter the developer settings of Redmi Note 7 Pro using the following instructions.
- First of all, go to the setting App and select the About Phone section.
- Now, you have to click on the MIUI version multiple times. (8-times)
- Afterward, go to the additional settings to access developer mode.
- Enable the OEM unlocking and USB Debugging from the list.
Note: If you have unlocked the bootloader, the OEM has already been enabled. Yet, if you still notice that the OEM toggle, then you have to perform the first step again.
Step 5: Boot Device in Fastboot mode
- You have to turn off your phone using the Power key.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button combination.
- Wait till the fastboot mode appears on the screen.
- Now, link the device using a USB cable to the PC.
With this, you have completed around 60% of the rooting process. Let’s head toward the next part to complete the whole procedure.
Step 6: Run Command Prompt
Inside the Platform tools, you have to copy the TWRP recovery file so that you can access those files anytime. Now, let’s check out the instruction.
- Open the Platform tools folder, press Shift + Right click.
- Select “Open PowerShell Windows Here” from the list.
- Run the command “fastboot devices” to confirm phone access.
- Tap the Enter button to see where the device is connected.
- Use the command “fastboot format userdata” and press enter.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery” space and drop the TWRP recovery file.
- Finally, press Enters to overwrite the custom recovery on your phone.
Note: If you’re facing f2fs error during the first formatting step, run “fastboot erase userdata” instead of “fastboot format userdata”.
Step 7: Erase Data
Note: You have to still connect to the PC using the USB cable.
- Press the Volume Up + Power button to boot into recovery mode.
- Release both buttons when the TWRP logo appears.
- Click on the Wipe → Format Data→ type “yes” to erase data.
Step 8: Configure TWRP as stock recovery
Type “adb push” space and drop the patched-vb-meta file, and again, space “/sdcard/ then press enter. It should be in the following format.
adb push Patched_fstab-vbmeta-thermal.zip /sdcard/
Enter command – “adb push” space, drag and drop disable-force-encryption file, then space “/sdcard/” and press enter. The command format is the same as before.
adb push Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_17.04.2023.zip /sdcard/
Now, go to “Install” button of TWRP and flash both patched-vbmeta and disabled-force-encrypt files. With this step, you can directly boot into the custom recovery.
Step 9: Root Redmi Note 7 Pro using Magisk
Once the configuration of the recovery is completed, you can remove your device from the USB cable and restart it. Following this, you have to download the latest version of the magisk zip on your device. Afterward, follow the subsequent method.
- Turn off the device using the Power button.
- Boot into the TWRP by pressing the Volume Up + Power button.
- Select the “Install” section and head toward the magisk zip location.
- Click on the magisk flashable zip file to start the flashing process.
- Finally, reboot the phone to enjoy rooting attributes.
Moreover, you can confirm root access by installing the magisk app on your phone. Or download the root checker application to test those privileges.
You can successfully root the Redmi Note 7 Pro using this above guide. With that said, push your phone to its extreme limits by overclocking custom ROMs, and adjusting the interface layout according to your desire in just a few clicks.