Root Redmi Note 12 Pro is a decent option if you want to explore the system settings without any restrictions. Although, the process to root Xiaomi device is slightly tough if you don’t know the correct method in the first place.
To install custom recovery and flash root files, you usually need to unlock bootloader. But over the years, the procedure of rooting redmi phones has significantly become simple compared to the older generation smartphone.
In this post, you will receive a step by step instructions from which the note 12 pro can be rooted in roughly twenty minutes. With that said, let’s dive into necessary steps.
Root Redmi Note 12 Pro using Magisk
Generally, you have to go through a long procedure where you need various resources to easily function the guides. Worry not, we have covered everything in the following section so that you don’t face any trouble in the upcoming tasks.
Warning: We are not accountable for damage since rooting phones could lead to problems like software crashes, bootloop, warranty violations, bricking the device, and so on. Only if you are aware of the risk, then follow the guide!
Here are the things that you need to prepare before starting subsequent steps.
- Take a backup of your phone’s media and file data in a secure place.
- A USB cable and a PC are important things that you need.
- Download and install the latest USB driver on the computer.
- Make sure the redmi note 12 pro is fueled by more than 90%.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
We all know that bootloader is like a security layer that reduces external attacks. Yet, if you desire to unlock those amazing rooting attributes over your phone, you need to take the risk and enable bootloader access.
You can create your Mi account and install the Mi Unlock tool to access those system settings. Although, Xiaomi phones usually have a waiting period of 7 days to unlock the bootloader configuration. But often people don’t follow the correct steps and increase the time duration.
If you don’t want to fall into the same trap, we would recommend you follow unlock bootloader for any Xiaomi phone guide to avoid issues. Once you have finished the guide’s instructions, head toward the next part!
Step 2: Get the correct version of TWRP
We are using the TWRP custom recovery that will allow users to modify the stock recovery features and further help in flashing various ROMs. Yet, there’s no restriction if you want to use another custom recovery such as Orange Fox.
On top of that, the flashing process would be similar as well. First of all, you need to acquire TWRP for your phone. Visit the official website and find the corresponding recovery. On the other hand, you can also look for an unofficial version from the XDA developer forum.
Note: You have to download the TWRP img file on your computer alongside other resources that we will cover in the next step.
Step 3: Download and install additional toolkit
In order to root redmi note 12 pro, you need to download and install ADB drivers so that your smartphone can easily connect to the PC. Moreover, get the latest version of the Platform tools so that it becomes easier to run fastboot commands.
- Go to the official site of the SDK Platform tools.
- Select the software version based on your requirement.
- Download the file and extract the setup file in any preferred folder.
Both of them are integral parts for flashing the custom recovery over your Redmi phone. With this, you can flash the magisk zip file in the upcoming path.
Step 4: Put the Device into Fastboot
Before you enable the fastboot mode on the redmi note 12 pro, we recommend you access OEM unlocking and USB debugging. So, follow the steps.
- You have to start by going to the Settings App.
- Click on the About Phone section from the settings menu.
- Tap on the MIUI version multiple times (suggest 8-times)
- Go back to the settings menu and search for developer options.
- Inside developer options, allow OEM unlock and USB debugging.
In order to boot into the fastboot mode of your phone, you have to turn off the device first using the Power button. Once you have done that follow the below instructions.
- Press and Hold the Volume Down + Power button.
- With that combination, you will access the fastboot mode.
- Link the USB cable to the PC and connect the other end to the phone.
Step 5: Run the fastboot commands
We would recommend you copy the TWRP file to the platform tools folder so that you can conveniently use the zip file later on. Now, go to the computer screen ad open the platform tools.
- Inside the platform tools folder, press Shift + Right-click.
- Now, you have to select “Open PowerShell Window Here”
- A command prompt will be opened on the computer screen.
- Here, enter the first command “fastboot devices” to verify the phone.
- Next, type the command “fastboot flash recovery” space, and drag and drop the TWRP file in the empty space of the command prompt.
- Afterward, press Enter to start the custom recovery flashing process.
Step 6: Boot into the TWRP recovery
Once you have completed the flashing steps, you have to access the recovery mode. Here is the instruction that you need to perform.
- First of all, you have to press the Volume Up + Power button.
- Release all of the buttons when the TWRP logo appears.
- Select the language “English” and enter in recovery.
- Go to the Mount section and select “System” from the list.
- Now, simply reboot your phone as usual.
Step 7: Root Redmi Note 12 Pro via Magisk
Download the latest version of the magisk zip over your phone. You will obtain the newest version from the GitHub page. Save the file in the download folder.
- Now, you have to boot into the TWRP recovery.
- Press on the Install button and navigate to magisk zip.
- Click on the file zip and swipe right to flash root access.
- Once the flashing process ends, the magisk is installed on your phone.
Now, restart the phone to access those remarkable rooting privileges over your phone in a pretty smooth manner. Besides this, you can confirm the root directory access by installing the magisk app or root checker app.
You can successfully root redmi note 12 pro using the above guide and unleash the true power of your phone. With this, it offers to install ROMs, update OS, change the phone’s settings, and many more things.