There are limitless possibilities when you root redmi note 10 Pro. But often people are not aware of the process method and damage the device during the process. I also face the same problem when I was rooting my first phone.
Besides this, we all know that the latest Redmi phones come with advanced security perks that don’t allow users to unlock the system settings as compared to the older generation devices. But worry not we will cover important details for you.
In this post, you will get a simple solution to root your phone via custom recovery and a Magisk zip file. So without any further ado, let’s start with a magical journey.
How to Root Redmi Note 10 Pro?
Warning: Magiskguide is not accountable for any physical, software, or warranty loss. Execute the rooting process at your will since it could lead to issues such as unstable performance, sluggish interface, boot loop, crash, and brick the device.
In the subsequent part, we have covered the entire procedure that will lead to access to the root directory. But we suggest readers complete the basic requirements to avoid any disruption while following the steps.
Before getting started instructions
- The users will need a computer and USB cable to link phones.
- It’s important to download and install the required USB drivers.
- Get the ADB drivers and fastboot command setup on the PC.
- Ensure to save your smartphone data using the backup method.
- Refuel the phone up to 85% to avoid any disturbance.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
If you want to root redmi note 10 pro in the first place, you will require to unlock the bootloader settings before starting this procedure. It’s a necessary step that will allow you to eventually install custom recovery and flash different tools.
We have also covered a complete guide to unlocking the bootloader configuration for any Android phone, so make sure to finish this pre-requirement before you are getting started with the rooting instructions.
Note: If you directly followed the given instructions without finishing this task, there’s a high chance that the phone isn’t able to load recovery and cause issues like bootloop or in the worst case scenario, brick the device.
Step 2: Enable the Developer Mode
The first instruction to root redmi note 10 pro would be getting access to the developer settings. With this process, you have to allow OEM unlock and USB debugging as you will be helpful to connect your device in the later parts.
- Open the Settings App from the App drawer or home screen.
- Click on the About phone section and tap on Build number.
- You have to tap more than 10 times to access developer mode.
- Scroll down to the Additional settings and select developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging toggle.
Note: You can check “Mi Unlock status” from the developer menu if you have unlocked the bootloader. The screen will show “this device is unlocked”. If not, we recommend you follow a dedicated process to enable bootloader access for Redmi phones.
Step 3: Download the essential toolkit
In the upcoming method, you will need three important files, which include TWRP file, magisk zip, and platform tools setup. We recommend you download those files from authentic sites to avoid any troubles.
Speaking of custom recovery, you can instantly obtain it from the official website. On the other hand, you can even reach out to the XDA developer forum to receive extra instructions on how to use a custom recovery on your phone.
Step 4: Put the Device in Fastboot
Now, come back to your smartphone and put your device in the fastboot mode. If you are unaware of the fastboot process of the redmi note 10 pro, we suggest following the subsequent guide.
- First of all, you have to switch off your phone.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys.
- With this, the phone will enter into the fastboot mode.
- Now, link the device using a USB cable to your computer.
Note: You can’t run the upcoming commands or connect the device properly unless you have enabled USB debugging from the developer mode.
Step 5: Run the Fastboot Commands on the PC
I’m assuming that you have already extracted the platform tools setup. Once you have done that copy the TWRP file to the same folder! Now, the users have to perform the most important task to root redmi note 10 pro by running the command prompt.
- Press and hold the Shift button and right-click in the platform tools folder.
- Click on the “Open PowerShell Window Here” to access the prompt.
- Enter the first command “fastboot devices” to confirm device’s presence.
- Type the command “fastboot flash recovery” space, and drop the TWRP file.
- Click on Enter to start the flashing process.
Step 6: Boot into TWRP custom recovery
Note: Don’t remove the USB cable as you will need to transfer the Magisk zip file to the phone later on. So make sure to download the flashable zip from this post.
Once the flashing process ends, you can effortlessly boot into the custom recovery. To do so, follow the subsequent steps.
- Press the Volume Down + Power button to boot into the recovery.
- Release the buttons when the TWRP logo appears on the screen.
- Transfer the magisk file to internal storage from the PC.
- Click on the Install button, and select the Magisk.zip file.
- And swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Come back to the homepage, and press reboot.
- Press on the System to perform the reboot process.
Now, you can remove the cable from your smartphone and follow the rest of the steps.
Step 7: Confirm Root Redmi Note 10 Pro
- The Magisk will automatically be downloaded as we have used the zip file.
- Open the app and see whether “Installed” is showing in the magisk section.
- It means you have successfully rooted redmi note 10 pro.
Last but not least, you can reconfirm the root access by downloading and installing the root checker application from Playstore.
With this post, you can download and install latest Magisk zip to easily execute the rooting process. Moreover, there are various things that can be modified. For instance, enhance system performance, change interface settings, and many more!
I hope you have successfully root redmi note 10 pro using this guide. Now, if you have some queries, you can ask us in the comment box; we will appreciate your thoughts.