There are various methods to root Redmi 9A, but you often struggle to finish the process because generally, you will need a computer or laptop to root the Android phone. However, the subsequent guide will provide a way without using a PC.
Generally, you will need a computer to flash magisk using a custom recovery. But we can bypass those flashing steps to another phone by downloading a dedicated ADB fastboot command tool on a secondary phone and using it as a PC.
How to Root Redmi 9A without using a PC
If you are rooting older Redmi phones, there’s no choice but you have to use a PC to perform those processes. However, the new phones don’t require those lengthy steps as you will obtain an entire guide to receive those remarkable attributes.
Here are the basic requirements to unlock the root access of your phone. With that said, let’s dive into the subsequent steps.
- First of all, make sure that the phone refueled more than 80% battery.
- We suggest you take a complete backup of your smartphone.
- Download and install the essential resource package like Bugjaegar.
- A secondary phone, USB cable, and Type-C connector are required.
Warning: Rooting is tricky and risky for users and unlocking those system settings will lead to data loss, warranty violation, bootloop, and brick problems. Be familiar with the pros and cons since you will be accountable for any physical or software damage. Follow the steps at your own will.
If you know how to flash TWRP on Redmi 9A, you can head toward “Step 7” and start the magisk flashing process.
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader Settings
The first step that you need to take would be to gain access to the bootloader. You can’t achieve those fascinating perks if you don’t unlock those system setting first. The correct method to root Redmi 9A will always involve unlocking the bootloader.
We have covered a complete manual to unlock the bootloader for Android phones. It’s a critical task to finish this requirement before you dive into the rooting process. With this, you won’t face trouble like bootloop in the upcoming procedure.
Step 2: Download the TWRP recovery
There are multiple custom recoveries available on the internet like Orange Fox or Pitch Black that will allow users to flash custom ROMs and render root files access. But, we will recommend you download and flash TWRP on Redmi 9A as it’s the best option.
It’s one of the stable recoveries that you can download for this phone. You can follow up guide to installing TWRP on your smartphone using the official source and pick the unofficial version from the XDA forum. In both cases, the flashing process is pretty much identical. So follow the next part precisely.
Note: Ensure to download the TWRP files on the secondary phone so that you can flash them on the Redmi 9A later on.
Step 3: Boot the Device into Fastboot Mode
Before you enter the fastboot mode, we recommend you to unlock developer mode. Go to the settings menu, then select the About Phone section. Here, you have to click on the Build number more than 10 times. Finally, allow OEM unlock and USB debugging.
Now, let’s head toward the process to boot into the fastboot mode. To do so, you have to turn off the phone first.
- Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down for a few sections.
- Release all of the keys once you have entered the fastboot mode.
Step 4: Install and Setup Bugjaeger App
Before we start the subsequent process, make sure that you have a secondary phone with you so that running the fastboot command becomes easier. We are using the Bugjaeger app, you can use other alternative applications as your wish.
- Make sure to put the Redmi 9A in fastboot mode.
- Connect the USB cable and connector to another phone.
- Download and install the Bugjeager app on the secondary phone.
- Open the app and scroll left to reach out to the flash sign.
- Here, you have to click on the light blue color button.
Step 5: Insert Fastboot Commands
Inside the app, you have to run the fastboot command to flash a custom recovery.
- Type the command “fastboot device” and press the Play button to get notified whether the device is connected to your secondary phone or not.
- Next, you have to enter the command “fastboot flash recovery” and press on Space.
- Now, go to the TWRP file location by pressing the Add file button from the right corner of the app.
- Select the TWRP file and click on the Start button to flash recovery.
Step 6: Mount TWRP for smooth usage
Once the flashing process ends, the next task for you would be mounting the TWRP custom recovery over your smartphone. With this, the phone will always boot into the custom recovery instead of the stock version.
- Press and Hold the Volume Up + Power key to access recovery.
- Release the Power button when the Redmi Logo appears first.
- But keep pressing the Volume Up button until the TWRP is completely booted.
- Choose the preferred language, we are choosing English.
- Now, go to the Mount section and select the System button.
Step 7: Download and flash the Magisk zip
You have to download the latest version of the magisk zip file on your phone in order to start the real rooting process. Once you have downloaded the flashable zip file, boot into the custom recovery.
- Click on the install button from the TWPR home screen.
- Navigate to the magisk zip file location and click on it.
- Now, you have to swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Wait for a few minutes till the process ends.
- Now, simply reboot your Redmi 9A.
With this, you have succeeded in rooting this phone. Now, it’s easier to modify the user interface with your favorite custom ROMs and get impressive perks to push the phone’s limit to a whole new level.
I hope that you have completed the step-by-step guide to root Redmi 9A, you can check out whether the magisk work or not using a third-party app like root checker, In the meantime, you can contact us if you face any problem.