Do you want to root Redmi 8a? If yes, you have come across the correct place. We provide a complete solution to unlock those amazing attributes for readers, and the following process doesn’t need a dedicated computer to perform those steps.
You can simply follow the subsequent guide and easily open system settings, change the interface layout, modify the overall appearance, and so on. So without any further ado, let’s head toward the basic instructions.
How to Root Redmi 8A without using a PC
The rooting process of older Redmi phones doesn’t require computer support, and they are pretty effortless to handle compared to the latest smartphones. The company has added several security checks that make it difficult to unleash the true potential.
However, you don’t have to worry about those things as you get complete instructions that will allow users to quickly unfold those fascinating rooting perks. But, before we dive into the installation process, we suggest you finish the requirements first.
- Ensure that the phone is refueled more than 80% for smooth usage.
- Before starting rooting, we recommend you carry out a data backup.
- Download and install the necessary resource package like Magisk.
- A USB cable, USB Type-C connector, and another phone will be needed.
Warning: Rooting any smartphone device has its pros and cons. If you follow the upcoming process, there’s a possibility that your device might become a complete brick or bootloop issue. So, follow the instructions at your own will.
Lastly, if you have already flashed TWRP, you can skip everything goes to Step 6, and root Redmi 8A without needing a PC to run system commands.
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader configuration
There are many people who directly head toward the rooting process, which causes a big issue for the readers since they don’t follow the correct method. To avoid problems, we suggest you unlock the bootloader before even starting the instructions.
We have covered a dedicated post to unlock the bootloader on any Android phone. So make sure to complete these important pre-requirements to avoid any trouble later on.
Note: Once you have finished this step, you can move toward the next task.
Step 2: Get TWRP recovery
You can use other custom recoveries like Orange fox, Sky Hawak, and Pitch Black to flash the root files. But in the following section, you will provide instructions to install TWRP recovery on Redmi 8A. The same method can be used for other recoveries.
There are two methods from which you can acquire recovery. Go to the official site, and search for your phone recovery, or use unofficial recovery from the XDA forum. In both cases, the installation process will be the same.
Note: You have to download the TWRP recovery files on the secondary phone.
Step 3: Put Redmi 8A in fastboot mode
I’m assuming that you have already enabled the OEM unlocking and USB debugging settings from the developer mode. If not, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap 10-times Build Number. Again, open the setting menu and select developer mode. Allow both OEM unlock and USB debugging toggle.
Now, let’s see the process to put your device into fastboot mode.
- Hold and Press Volume Down + Power Key for a few seconds.
- Release the keys when the Fastboot logo appears.
- That’s it, you have booted into fastboot mode.
Step 4: Install and setup Bugjaeger
As mentioned before, you will need a secondary phone on which you will install Bugjeager. You can download and install this app directly from the Play store.
It’s an ADB command prompt that will grant access to system commands in the same way as the PC does.
- Connect Redmi 8A via the Type-C cable and connector to another phone.
- Open the Bugjeager application, and click on the flashing sign.
- Finally, click on the blue button to enter the command prompt.
Step 5: Use Fastboot commands
Now that you have set up the app, let’s know about the basic commands.
- Enter the first command “fastboot devices” to check device connectivity.
- Add the second command “fastboot flash recovery” and space.
- Click on the File Adding button present in the top right corner.
- Navigate to the Redmi 8A TWRP location and select it.
- Lastly, tap on the play button to start the flashing process.
Once you have completed this process, the custom recovery will be flashed.
Step 6: Mount TWRP on your phone
Usually, you have to mount TWRP since it will be removed once you reboot the phone. In that case, it becomes a necessary step to follow.
- Press the Volume Up + Power button to boot into recovery.
- First, release the Power button when the Redmi logo is seen.
- Only release the Volume Up when the TWRP logo appears twice.
- Select Language to English and press OK to continue.
- Go to the Mount Section and click on the System.
With this, the TWRP will boot whenever you want to access the recovery menu.
Step 7: Download Magisk zip and flash it
In order to root Redmi 8A, you have to download the Magisk file, and then convert the magisk.apk file to .zip format. (We are providing the .zip version, so you don’t have to change the file format) Now, boot the phone into TWRP custom recovery.
- Inside the TWRP home screen, select the install button.
- Head toward the magisk.zip folder and select.
- Swipe right to start the flash process and wait for a moment.
- Once the process end, select System Reboot.
- That’s it! You have successfully rooted your phone.
Note: You can check the root access using the root checker app or download the magisk app to confirm the results of this whole process.
With this guide, even a newbie can acquire root access to Redmi 8A without a PC in the first place. Moreover, you can unlock various system settings and change every aspect of the interface using custom ROMs. In case, you face a problem during the installation guide, do let us know.