Are you looking for the easiest way to root Poco X3 using TWRP? Then, you have reached the correct place. Here, you will obtain the working guide to unlock those rooting privileges for your phone.
There’s no denying that the rooting process involves numerous elements, including custom recovery, bootloader, flashable files, flashing toolkit, and many more things. Because of that reasons, many people struggle to complete the entire process since they have to download different resources.
But worry not, we are covering all of the basics and resources in the following guide so that you don’t face trouble while unleashing the power of those system settings.
Root Poco X3 Without Using a PC
It’s not possible to unlock root access unless you are using a computer or laptop. The users will need a PC to run commands and unlock the bootloader settings. But, you can replace the custom recovery flashing steps using a secondary phone.
Warning: The root access process will remove the warranty privilege, erase device data, and disable system security features. Thus, follow the upcoming instructions at your own risk.
Therefore, let’s know the additional pre-requirements to get started with the guide.
Requirements to Rooting!
- You will need a USB cable and USB connector to link the phone.
- A secondary phone is required to run the command prompt.
- Download the latest version of the Bugjeager app on the second phone.
- The process will erase data so create a backup of your multimedia.
- Make sure the phone is charged more than 70% before the process.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
The first thing you need to keep an eye on would be bootloader settings access. It’s an important step for unleashing the rooting powers. Without this, the rooting files may not be installed properly over your phone and cause a system crash.
Besides this, Xiaomi phones have seven days waiting period and require completely different tools to obtain those system settings. But not long ago, we also produced the Unlock bootloader Xiaomi phone guide.
With that, you will obtain all of the necessary instructions and details to get started with the bootloader configuration. Once you have finished those instructions, you can move toward the second step.
Step 2: Download the latest magisk zip
Magisk is a systemless rooting method, which is developed by topjohnwu. Moreover, it is considered the safest and most secure option offered on the internet. Although, we won’t deny that you are various methods available.
Still, if you want to obtain those exciting privileges, it’s the best choice that you should consider whenever you are rooting any Android device.
On your Poco X3 phone, you have to download the latest magisk flashable zip file. In order to do that, you can check out our dedicated magisk guide so that you won’t get any problem downloading the new version.
Step 3: Access developer settings
If you have already unlocked bootloader configuration, you won’t face any problems with the OEM unlocking. Now, let’s see the steps to launch the developer options.
- Navigate to the Settings App and launch it.
- Go to the About Phone → tap on MIUI version (8-times)
- Now, head toward the developer options and select it.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking options.
Step 4: Boot into Fastboot mode and Link
Once you have enabled the developer settings, you can move to the next part. Here’s the process to enter the fastboot mode using the key combination.
- Press the Power button to switch off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button.
- With this, the phone will access the fastboot mode.
- Now, connect the device to a USB cable and USB connector.
- Finally, link the connector end to the secondary phone.
Step 5: Download the TWRP file
The users will require custom recovery to flash the magisk file since we are not using a computer or laptop. You have to download the img file on your secondary phone. You can find the latest version on the TWRP official site and directly download it.
But on other hand, if you want to explore more features, The XDA developer forums always have some unofficial versions available. You can simply select the preferred TWRP file according to your needs.
Step 4: Get the Bugjeager App
Since you are not using a PC, you have to download the bugjeager app on the second phone. It will give proper ADB and Fastboot command prompt, which will allow you to run the basic fastboot functions directly from your phone.
Here are the installation steps for the Bugjeager app.
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Search the APK file name from the search bar.
- Click on the Install button to start installing process.
- Open the app and swipe right to reach the flash section.
Step 5: Run necessary commands
You will notice a “Blue color circle” at the bottom of the flash screen, press it to access the command prompt.
- Here, type “fastboot devices” to verify device connectivity.
- Enter the “fastboot flash recovery” space and click on the file Add button.
- Go to the TWRP file location on the second phone and press the Play key.
- Now, enter the command “fastboot boot TWRP_name” and enter.
Note: You have to replace the “TWRP_name” with the original file name of the TWRP recovery. With this, the user will directly boot into custom recovery without a problem.
Step 6: Root Poco X3 using magisk zip
I’m assuming that you have already downloaded the magisk file on the Poco X3, if not, get the flashable zip file from Step 2. Following this, boot the device into the TWRP custom recovery.
- Inside the custom recovery, select the “Install” button.
- Now, head toward the magisk zip location.
- Select the zip file and start the flashing process.
- Once the flashing is finished, reboot the device.
With this, the magisk software will be installed on your Poco X3, and it will render root access. Now, you can enjoy advanced customization attributes without any trouble.
Through this guide, you can effectively root Poco X3 and unlock robust functions that are missing in the regular stock interface. Furthermore, get advanced custom ROMs to enhance performance and battery life. Meanwhile, do let us know our experience in the following comment section.