Do you want to root OnePlus Nord CE 5G using the TWRP and magisk? You come to the correct place, here you will obtain complete instructions to unlock the root access for your smartphone.
The OnePlus phones are always designed for tech-savvy people, and adding custom recovery and flashing rooting files is slightly easier than other brands. Yet, if you don’t know the correct procedure, you may face some serious issues.
Hopefully, you don’t have to worry about anything as we are providing a step-by-step process along with the necessary resources. With this, you can gain the root privileges without any further ado. So, let’s dive into the instructions.
Root OnePlus Nord CE 5G using Magisk
The OnePlus Nord CE is one of the most affordable 5G smartphones that launched a few years ago. But still, there are some limitations to what you can do with this mid-range phone. But if you want to push the limits, you can try rooting the device.
Warning: The rooting process will erase data, violate warranty policy, and disable security perks. You’ve to keep an eye on the downsides of unlocking those system settings. Therefore, follow the subsequent steps at your own risk.
But before you can dive into the process, let’s complete the pre-requirements.
Requirements to Root OnePlus Nord CE 5G
- First of all, you will need a PC or laptop and USB cable for the process.
- Following this, create a multimedia backup of internal storage.
- Ensure to download the latest OnePlus USB Driver on the PC.
- Last, but not least, refuel the battery up to 90%.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
The first thing that the readers need to perform would be to get bootloader access so that you can easily install or flash custom recovery and attain rooting privileges. It will also give a superpower to the users to change the settings.
If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader, simply follow our dedicated guide and enable those system settings without any problem.
Note: You have to take a complete backup before you even start the process to access the bootloader since the upcoming procedure will wipe out data.
Step 2: Access Developer Mode
Once you have completed the bootloader process, go to Settings App. Here, you have to open the About Phone section and click on the Build Number more than 8 times to unlock the developer options.
- Following this, come back to the settings menu
- Next, you have to select “System settings”.
- Now, select the developer option from the same list.
- In the new screen, you will notice that OEM Unlocking is already enabled.
- Afterward, allow the USB debugging toggle from the developer settings.
Note: If you have already unlocked the bootloader, the OEM unlocking section would be in grey color. If not, then you have to follow up the step 1 accurately.
Step 3: Put the device in Fastboot mode
Here, you will get to know the complete process to boot the OnePlus Nord CE 5G into the fastboot mode in a hassle-free manner. So, let’s get started with the method.
- First of all, the users require to turn off the phone using Power Key.
- Press and Hold the Volume Down + Power button combination.
- On the new screen, you have to tap on the “Advanced” option.
- Next, select the “boot to fastboot” choice from the list.
- Finally, link the device using the USB cable to your PC.
Step 4: Download additional resources
Inside the computer or laptop, the users are required to download certain resources, which include the TWPR custom recovery for the OnePlus Nord CE 5G phone. You can download recovery files from the official site.
But sadly, we don’t find the official version. Thus, we would recommend downloading the TWRP unofficial version with the vbmeta.img file. Following this, get the Android SDK platform tools and ADB fastboot installer software over your PC.
Make sure to extract both tools setup, and then open the platform tools folder.
- Here, you have to press Shift + Right-Click to access the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Open PowerShell Windows Here” option.
- With this, the command prompt will open on the screen.
Step 5: Run Fastboot commands
- Enter the command “fastboot devices” to verify the smartphone.
- Type “fastboot flashing unlock” and confirm by pressing Volume Up
- Then, use the command “fastboot erase userdata” to remove data.
- You have to enter “fastboot flash vbmeta” space and drop vbmeta.img file.
- Press enter to confirm the flashing process of the vb-meta file.
- Next, enter “fastboot flash recovery” space and drop the TWRP file.
- Press Enter to confirm the flashing procedure for custom recovery.
With this, you will get the TWRP over your phone. But don’t boot your phone yet and make sure the phone is connected to the PC. Press and Hold the Volume Up + Power key to access recovery mode.
Step 6: Get Magisk zip and other root resources
Now, you have to transfer the magisk software and no_verify_opt_encyprted.zip file to your phone. You can get the latest version of the magisk zip from our post, whereas you can download the encrypted zip on the PC.
Once you have downloaded both of the files, you can share zip files with the phone’s internal storage. Now, remove the USB cable from your device.
Step 7: Root OnePlus Nord CE 5G using Magisk
- You can boot into TWRP recovery via the Volume Up + Power key.
- Set up the custom recovery language and access the home screen.
- Go to the “Install” section and navigate to no_verity_opt_encrypt.zip.
- Then, you have to select the zip file and start the flashing process
- Following this, you have to flash the magisk zip file in the same manner.
- Once you have completed the flashing process, reboot the device.
Through this, you have obtained those amazing rooting attributes. Now, the users will attain total control over the system settings and modify the performance, battery, and other factors of their phone in a pretty straightforward way.
I hope you have successfully root OnePlus Nord CE 5G that will grant robust features. With your newly found abilities, you can easily uncover your phone’s hidden potential. Meanwhile, do let us know your queries in the comments.