There are tons of things that you can unlock once you have attained root access. But, the root OnePlus 10 Pro process can be difficult for many people.
Worry not, we have covered the best method in the upcoming part where you don’t even need a PC or laptop to receive those remarkable privileges for your smartphone. With that said, let’s head toward the procedure.
How to Root OnePlus 10 Pro using Magisk
OnePlus 10 Pro was the true flagship killer phone of 2022, and even now, they can give tough competition to the mid-ranger devices in a hassle-free manner. But, we all know that pushing the processing limits is impossible.
Moreover, there are several problems with OxygenOS that could even create a bigger mess for the users. However, the users can overcome this situation if they somehow receive the root directory access.
Yet, like any other android phone, there are pros and cons of it. So, decide whether you want to modify system files and settings. If not, don’t try to use those instructions.
Warning: Magisk Guide won’t be responsible for any physical damage, warranty loss, security threats, and other issues. Follow the rooting guide at your own risk.
Requirements to Get Started with the Process
- Make sure you are getting a complete backup of your multimedia data.
- You will require a secondary phone since we are not using a computer.
- Apart from this, you will also need a USB cable and USB-C connector.
- Finally, ensure that the phone is refueled by more than 60%.
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader
The first baby step that we need to perform would be the bootloader configuration. In general, these system settings are disabled by default to enhance the user’s protection and stable booting experience whenever you restart the phone.
However, if you want to open the doors to the rooting privileges, the first thing that you need to consider would be accessing those system settings first. We have covered the complete guide on how to unlock the bootloader on any OnePlus phone, so read it and follow those steps in order to start the rooting process.
Step 2: Gather Additional Resources
We can start with getting the TWRP custom recovery for the OnePlus 10 Pro. You can choose the unofficial TWRP since the developer doesn’t launch the official version. We are also not against you using other custom recoveries.
Note that this file needs to be downloaded on the secondary phone. Moreover, get the latest version of the Bugjaeger application for your second phone. You can visit Google Play Store and download this app directly from there.
- Go to the Playstore and click on the Search tab.
- Type “Bugjaeger ADB Fastboot tool” inside the text box.
- Finally, select the first option and install the app.
Last but not least, you have to download the magisk zip file for the OnePlus 10 Pro phone in advance on the secondary smartphone. It will be more helpful when we are running the TWRP recovery in the subsequent steps.
Step 3: Access the Developer Settings
Here, you will understand the process to obtain OEM unlocking and USB debugging features. It would b quite useful when we enter the fastboot mode.
- First of all, you have to open the Settings App.
- Go to the About Phone Section.
- Tap on the Build Number more than 8 times.
- It will activate the developer settings.
- Next, head toward the additional Settings.
- Following this, you have to access Developer options.
- Finally, enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging toggles.
Step 4: Enter the fastboot mode
Following this, you are required to run the fastboot mode for OnePlus 10 Pro. You can do so using the subsequent instructions.
- Turn off the phone and connect it to a USB cable and type-C connector.
- Now, press the Volume Down + Power button combo for a few sections.
- Once the recovery mode logo appears, release both of the buttons.
- Next, Select the Advanced option using the Volume and Power keys.
- Select the Reboot to fastboot mode using the Power button.
- That’s it! You have successfully booted into the fastboot mode.
Step 5: Setup and Run Bugjaeger app
We hope that you have already downloaded and installed this Bugjaeger app. If not, it’s the right time to do so. Once you have completed those steps, you can launch this app.
On the same note, you have to make sure that your secondary phone is connected to the Type-C connector, USB cable, and the OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone.
- Open the Bugjeager Mobile ADB app.
- Go to the flash sign from the menu.
- Tap on the blue button present at the bottom.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery” space and tap on the Add file section. Select the TWRP file and press the confirm button to initiate flashing.
- Afterward, boot the device into recovery mode.
Press the Volume Up + Power button to access the custom recovery. Select the language to English and follow the next part to root your device.
Step 6: Flash Magisk with TWRP
I’m assuming that you have downloaded the magisk zip file from the Step 2 section. Get it now, in case you don’t download it in the first place. Now, let’s see the process using this flashable zip file.
- Access the TWRP custom recovery on the OnePlus 10 Pro.
- Now, click on the Install button present in the left corner.
- Navigate to the magisk zip file location and select the file.
- Tap on the file and right-swipe to start the flashing process.
- Come back to the home screen when the process ends.
- Go to Reboot and pick the System options.
With this, the phone will restart in the usual way. Once the restart process is finished, you can download the Rootcheck app to confirm the root access.
Through this post, everyone can root their OnePlus 10 Pro phone in a hassle-free way. Moreover, the users can push the limits to a whole new level thanks to the advanced features of the root directory. At the same moment, if you have some queries, let us know in the comment area.