Do you want to root Motorola G Pure the easiest way? Then you will need to flash custom recovery and use the Magisk zip file to attain the rooting privileges over this Android phone. Usually, the process to unlock those system attributes are easier.
But it’s not the case for this phone as you will get a hard time finding the custom recovery and other resources. However, you don’t have to worry about those things as we have covered a 7-steps guide to root moto G Pure. With that, even newbies can complete those tasks effortlessly.
How to Root Motorola G Pure using Magisk?
Warning: The subsequent process could void warranty, slow down performance, erase multimedia data, and cause problems like bootloop. We are not responsible for those issues in the first place, follow the steps at your own will.
- You will require a computer or laptop to run commands.
- Download and install necessary ADB drivers and Platform tools.
- A Micro USB cable to interlink your device and PC.
- Ensure that your phone is more than 90% fuel before getting started.
- The upcoming process will erase the phone’s data so take a backup.
After completing these pre-requirements, then you move forward to step-by-step instructions to root motorola G pure without a problem.
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader Settings
Before you dive into the rooting process, we suggest readers unlock the bootloader configuration of their phone first. The reason for that is you won’t be able to flash custom recovery over the motorola G pure. Therefore, it’s an essential task that you need to perform.
If you are performing these steps as the first timer, then we suggest you completely unlock the bootloader settings to avoid any trouble later on. You can also check our dedicated guide to access those system settings in a pretty skillful manner.
Note: If you directly install a custom recovery without unlocking the bootloader, the phone stuck into the bootloop. Thus, accomplish these steps with precision.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock
Now that you have finished the bootloader process, let’s head toward the phone settings and enable the developer so that we connect our phone to the computer in the upcoming procedure without any hassle.
- Go to the Settings App and select About Phone.
- Click on the Build Number (more than 10 times) and enter phone’s password.
- With this, you have access to the developer settings.
- Now, head toward the additional settings > developer mode.
- Here, you have to allow OEM unlocking and USB debugging toggle.
Step 3: Download tools and TWRP
The next thing that you need to wrap up would be installing the required ADB driver and platform tools for your PC or laptop. We would also recommend readers update the USB drivers so that they don’t face trouble connecting with their smartphones.
Here are the download and install instructions.
- Download the setup according to your PC (choose between, Mac, Windows, and Linux)
- Once the setup is downloaded, extract .exe files.
- Confirm installation by launching the platform tools.
On the other hand, you can download the TWRP img file from the official source, or use the unofficial version. But remember there’s a high chance that your device might stuck in the bootloop or become complete brick if you are using an unofficial version.
Last but not least, you will need the magisk software to root Motorola G Pure. Read our guide to download magisk zip for your phone.
Step 4: Put the phone into fastboot mode
- First of all, you have to turn off the phone.
- Now, press the Volume Up and Power keys to start booting the system.
- You have to release both buttons when the bootloader mode screen appears.
- Use the Volume button to guide to “recovery mode” and press the Power key.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power key again.
- Keep pressing those buttons and skip the Android reboot image.
- Inside the stock recovery, you have to click on “enter fastboot” mode.
- That’s it! You have successfully booted your device.
Note: Sometimes you might have to press Power + Volume Down to access the fastboot mode, depending on the smartphone model and region code.
Step 5: Connect devices to run commands
Once the fastboot process ends, you can head toward the next where you will interlink your PC and smartphone via the USB cable. Here are some of the instructions that you need to follow.
Note: We are using the Windows PC to run the command prompt.
- I’m assuming you have connected the device to the PC using a cable.
- Now, open the platform tools folder and press shift + right-click.
- Select “Enter PowerShell Window here” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the command “fastboot devices” to see whether the phone is plugged in.
- Type the command “fastboot flash recovery” space and drag and drop the TWRP file.
- Press enter to start the flashing process.
Once that happened, you can smoothly boot into the TWRP custom recovery mode in a hassle free manner. With this, you have finished around 80% of the process.
Step 6: Boot into TWRP recovery
Make sure that the phone is connected to the PC. Now, you have to press the Volume Down + Power button to boot the device into custom recovery mode. Keep pressing both buttons until the TWRP logo doesn’t appear.
- Inside the TWRP, you have to select the language “English”
- And enter your phone password to get started.
- On the home screen, you have to click on “Mount”
- Here, select the System from the list.
With this, the TWRP recovery will work as the stock recovery, unless you remove the system mount settings.
Step 7: Root Motorola G Pure using Magisk zip
Note: You have to transfer the magisk zip file to the internal storage so that you can flash file content on the custom recovery.
- Boot into the TWRP recovery using the Power + Volume Down key.
- Now, click on the “Install” button and navigate to the magisk zip location.
- Press on the flashable zip file, and then right-swipe to start the process.
- Once the process ends, you can reboot the device as usual.
Through this, you have successfully rooted the motorola G pure. Now, easily install the magisk App on your phone to begin the advanced customization and privacy journey. In meantime, if you come across any issues while following this guide, do let us know.