Do you want to push the limits of your phone to a whole new level? Yes, the following guide will assist you with the Root Moto G9 Plus phone in simple steps. With that, you can easily attain those fascinating rooting privileges.
To tell the truth, there are various methods to root Moto G9 Plus. But if you are looking for the easiest solution, you are required to take some serious steps, especially when you don’t want to use a computer or laptop.
Worry not, we have listed down all of the critical instructions in the upcoming parts, so without any further delay, let’s dive into the process.
How to Root Moto G9 Plus?
The Moto G series phones always fall under the entry-level segment, and they often provide long-lasting performance and battery life. However, the Moto G9 Plus was launched around 2020, and now, the phone doesn’t work as it used to.
However, this problem can be solved if you unlock the root access of your phone. Yet, the overall process would need several attempts and time. While at the same time, there are some downsides to rooting Android phones too.
Warning: We are not responsible for any harm to your smartphone, the users will be liable for hardware or software damage. Follow instructions at your own risk.
- Since we are not using a PC, you will need a secondary phone.
- Download and install the Bugjaeger app on the secondary phone.
- Get the correct version of the TWRP custom recovery file.
- Unlock the bootloader configuration of the Moto G9 Plus first.
- Save your important data by creating a backup data file.
Step 1: Access the Bootloader configuration
The first thing that you need to attain in order to root this phone, would be none other than gaining access to the bootloader settings. It’s quite easier if you know the correct method to perform those changes.
But often people are unaware of the correct process that will provide accurate results. However, you don’t have to think about those issues, as we have covered a dedicated post regarding how to unlock the bootloader for Motorola phones, so check that out!
Afterward, you can move to the next part where you find the rest of the details.
Step 2: Prepare the Secondary phone
For starters, you need to make sure that the secondary phone has OTG connectivity support since it will help you link both of the devices in the upcoming process. Aside from this, you need to prepare the device for the process.
In order to do so, you have to install the Bugjaeger app on this phone so that you can operate the normal ADB and fastboot commands in a hassle-free manner. On top of that, you can perform several things, so let’s not waste time, begin the instruction.
- Go to the Google Play Store and click on the Search bar.
- Type Bugjaeger application and tap on the ok to confirm.
- Now, select the first option that appears on the screen.
- Click on the Install button and wait till the process ends.
Step 3: Get the necessary resources
There are multiple options that the users can try as the custom recovery. But if you are looking for a stable choice, you should consider the TWRP recovery as it works pretty well with Android devices.
Besides this, custom recoveries are an essential part when it comes to rooting devices. Therefore, we would recommend you get the appropriate version of the TWRP for the Moto G9 Plus. You can visit the official page to get the custom made recovery.
Apart from this, the users are required to download the magisk zip file so that they attain those fabulous rooting privileges in the safest way possible. Get this zip file on your primary phone so that you can use it after flashing custom recovery.
Note: You can also use the unofficial version according to your needs. Plus, you have to download the TWRP file on the secondary phone.
Step 4: Unlock USB Debugging features
If you want to connect your phone to another phone or PC, you need to make sure that the USB debugging phone’s settings are already activated. If not, you can follow the given steps to access those features for the Moto G9 Plus phone.
- First of all, you need to head toward the settings app.
- Click on the About Phone section present in the list.
- Now, tap multiple times on the build number more than 9 times.
- With this, you can access the developer options.
- Go to the Additional settings >> Developer options.
- Enable the USB debugging toggle from the menu.
Step 5: Put the device into the fastboot mode
Now that you have enabled those developer settings, it’s time to push toward the next stage. Here, you will obtain step-by-step instructions to activate the fastboot mode for the Moto G9 Plus device. With that said, let’s begin.
- Press the Power button to turn off the device easily.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down + Power button.
- After a few seconds, a new screen will appear.
- Use Volume Buttons to navigate fastboot mode
- Finally, confirm the fastboot mode access by pressing the Power key.
Afterward, you have to connect your phone to the original USB cable and use the OTG connector to link to the secondary smartphone. Once done, follow the next part.
Step 6: Run the Bugjaeger app
We are assuming that you have already connected both devices and installed this app on your secondary phone. Now, simply launch the Bugjeager from the app drawer.
- Go to the Flash sign present in the home page list.
- Now, click on the blue button to open a command prompt.
- First type “fastboot devices” and press on the Play button.
- It will help you verify whether the device is connected or not.
- Next command “fastboot flash recovery” Space and then click on the Add-file button. Go to the TWRP recovery location and select the file.
- Now, simply click on the Play button to initiate flashing.
Step 7: Access the TWRP mode
- Boot the device into recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Power button.
- Wait till the TWRP custom recovery logo doesn’t appear, then release the keys.
- Now, setup the custom recovery, select the language, and that is it.
- Click on the Install Button and navigate to the magisk zip location.
- Select the file and swipe to install the magisk software.
- Once the process is complete, reboot the Moto G9 Plus.
Finally, you can confirm the root privileges access using the Root-Checker application.
With this guide, you have attained root access to the Moto G9 Plus. Now, dive into the customization world using ROMs, while at the same time, you can modify system files. Meanwhile, share your queries in the comment section.