Are you in search of the easiest way to Root Moto G9 Play? If yes, the following post will assist you attain the system file access. With them, you can easily unleash the full potential of the Moto G9 Play in a pretty straightforward manner.
Although the rooting process may not be everyone’s cup of tea, you have to download various additional tools, software, and files in order to perform those instructions with no computer aid. Hopefully, it’s possible to reach root access using an extra phone.
We have covered all of the details regarding the primary steps that you need to take so that you can effortlessly gain control over your phone. Now, let’s dive in!
Root Moto G9 Play using Magisk and TWRP
The Moto G-series phone always attains some of the classic features and is priced at an affordable price range. But, even after getting a clean UI experience, you may feel less control over the system settings.
However, you don’t have to worry about those things anymore as you can change the overall system files and apply custom ROMs. With that said, you will require complete instructions to access the root directory. But before that, finish the pre-requirements.
Warning: You are altering the system layout by following root guide, which might result in issues such as bootloops, warranty violations, and other major difficulties. It is quite risky to follow the instructions. As a result, use advice at your own risk.
Requirements to Root Moto G9 Play
- Start with getting a secondary phone that supports an OTG connection.
- You will need the phone’s original USB cable and Type-C connector.
- Download the necessary tools, resources, and files from this post.
- Ensure to create a backup folder of your important multimedia files.
- Make sure that you filled the battery life up to 90%.
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader
To unlock the root privileges, the users require bootloader access, which usually takes time and more effort. Each smartphone has a different way to load the boot image and has various methods to unlock the boot image partition.
We have already covered the procedure to unlock bootloader on any Motorola phone, which will thoroughly assist you in attaining those additional features. Ensure to finish those instructions so that you can effortlessly move to the next part.
Step 2: Obtain the Necessary Resources
There are n-th number of rooting methods including one click root through Kingoroot, SuperSU zip file, and many more. But if you are looking for the safest method, then it would be great to choose the magisk zip from our post.
The second thing that you need to download to root Moto G9 Plus would be TWRP custom recovery. In order to change the system files, the users need to replace the regular recovery with the custom-made option. Check out the latest TWRP version.
Following this, you will need to download the TWRP vbmeta file so that you don’t face any problems during booting into the custom recovery. So, get this file fast.
Last but not least, you need to download and install the Bugjaeger app.
- Launch the Google Play store from the app drawer or home screen.
- Now, type “Bugjaeger app” inside the search bar and click on Enter.
- On the new page, you will notice the “Install” button, press it.
Note: It’s important to remember that these resources and apps need to download or installed on your secondary phone, which will be used in the upcoming step!
Step 3: Access Fastboot mode
Before you start the fastboot mode process, we highly recommend you to allow the USB debugging features from the developer options. If you don’t know how to get those settings, follow the subsequent part.
- Launch Settings App and navigate to About Phone.
- Tap on the Build number up to 8 times to open developer settings.
- Go back to the main menu and select the Additional Settings.
- Open the Developer options to allow USB debugging toggle.
Note: The OEM Unlock toggle will be grey if you have unlocked bootloader accurately.
- Press the Power button to turn off the device.
- Long press the Volume Down + Power button combination.
- With this, the phone will be entered into the fastboot mode.
- Now, link the device using a cable and connector to the extra phone.
Note: The format would be in this manner. Motorola phone → USB cable → Type-C connector → secondary phone.
Step 4: Run Bugjaeger app
We are replacing the command prompt offered by the computer via the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB application that uses a USB OTG connection to run the commands.
- In the beginning, you have to launch the Bugjaeger app.
- Now, scroll right and select the “flash” icon from the list.
- Following this, tap on the blue button to access the prompt.
- Type the first command “fastboot device” and tap on the Play button.
- Next, you have to enter the “fastboot flash recovery” space and tap on attach file section at the top right corner. Go to the TWRP location and select the file.
- Click on the Blue-color Play button to confirm the flashing process.
- Type “fastboot vbmeta” space, add vbmeta.img file, and press Ok.
- Finally, type “fastboot reboot recovery” and hit the Ok button.
Note: Don’t remove the cable connection of both devices now!
Step 5: Boot into TWRP recovery
Now, head toward the Moto G9 Play phone and boot the device into recovery mode.
- The TWRP logo appears twice so don’t panic
- Now, set up the custom recovery preferred language.
- Click on the Wipe >> Advance Wipe >> Select Cache Data
- Finally, transfer the magisk.zip file from another phone.
You can remove the cable from your Motorola phone and initiate the root file flashing.
Step 6: Flash the Root file
- Boot into the TWRP custom recovery home screen.
- Tap on the Install button and select magisk file.
- Swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Once done, reboot the device in the usual way.
That’s it! You have rooted your device using the magisk, twrp, bugjaeger, and other tools. Now, you can confirm those privileges by downloading the RootChecker app.
With this tutorial, I hope you get a step-by-step guide to root Moto G9 Play and attain those amazing attributes. Although the process is quite long, it’s totally worth it if you want to enjoy those exclusive features.