Do you want to root Moto G8 Plus without using the computer? Hopefully, it is possible as the users can replace the PC with a secondary smartphone and run the command prompt to receive those robust customization features on their phones.
But for the first timers, it could be a tedious task as you will need additional tools and software in order to gain root access. You don’t need to look for those extra resources, we have covered everything in the step-by-step guide. Therefore, let’s begin.
Root Moto G8 Plus Without PC Support
The Moto G8 Plus was one of the best mid-range phones of 2019. But now, you may have noticed performance drops, slow processing, lags, and faster battery drain. All of these problems can be solved if you attain the root access and modify software skin.
The rooting process could be difficult for the first time, there are several downsides to unlocking those system settings. You can avoid those major issues if you follow the following instructions in a pretty straightforward manner. Now, let’s see the primary requirements to attain those powerful privileges.
Warning: Magiskguide is not responsible for what occurs to the user’s device. The subsequent steps can lead to problems like crashing application and even bricking the device. So make sure to understand the danger before getting started.
Requirements to Root Moto G8 Plus
Here’s the list of the conditions that you need to complete before diving into the guide.
- You will need to create a backup for your multi-media data.
- Make sure that you have already unlocked the bootloader.
- Get the necessary apps, img files, and flashable zip files.
- Ensure the phone has more than 60% battery life for the procedure.
- It will require a USB cable, OTG connector, and an additional phone.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader settings
Rooting any device can be easier if you know the correct blueprint to get started. In general, you have to access the bootloader settings first so that the device can open new doors for installing custom recovery.
Usually, the root directory access can’t attain until you open the bootloader. Though, each smartphone brand has a different method to unlock those system settings. But, we have covered a dedicated guide for unlock the bootloader for Motorola phones. Follow those instructions to avoid any trouble.
Note: The above-mentioned guide will wipe out data, so take a backup first.
Step 2: Download Bugjaeger App
Next, you will require an additional phone to function since the command prompt and execute ADB and fastboot command lines. The app is available on the Play Store, so you won’t face any problems getting this app.
- Go to the Play Store and search for the Bugjaeger app.
- Click on the Install button to start the process.
- Wait till the process is complete, then open the apk file.
- That’s it! You have finished the first part of the rooting process.
Step 3: Get the necessary resources
First of all, you need to download the custom recovery for the Moto G8 Plus. You can check out the official site and simply download the TWRP recovery for your phone. However, if you don’t find those files there, you can always look for other options.
OrangeFox and other custom recoveries are widely available on the internet, and it’s not mandatory to use TWRP. You can choose anyone according to your requirement. For your information, you will download a custom recovery on the secondary phone.
Aside from this, you have to also get the magisk software so that you can systemless root your smartphone. It’s quite easy to get this software. At the same time, ensure to read our complete guide to obtain the magisk zip file.
Step 4: Boot Phone into fastboot mode
Before you start these instructions, we recommend enabling the USB debugging and OEM unlocking features from the developer settings. If you don’t, the device might face bootloop issues. First, make sure to access developer mode.
- Navigate to Settings App and go to the About Phone section.
- You can click on the Build Number more than 8 times.
- Go back to the Settings menu and then Additional Settings.
- Select the Developer options from the additional settings.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging toggle.
Now, let’s see the method to boot the device into the fastboot mode
- You have to turn off the device by pressing the Power key.
- Now, press the Volume Down + Power button combination for a few seconds.
- With that, you will enter into the fastboot mode of Moto G8 Plus.
- Link the device using a USB cable and connector to the secondary phone.
Step 5: Run Bugjaeger app commands
Get the latest Bugjaeger app and install the setup file without any issues. Once you have done that connect to the device using the Moto G8 Plus original cable and USB connector without any further ado.
- Launch the Bugjeager application from the home screen.
- Swipe right and select the flash icon to run the command prompt.
- Press on the Blue button and skip the Ad that appears on the screen.
- Now, type “fastboot devices” and tap on the Play button.
- Second command “fastboot flash recovery” space and click on the attach file button, then head toward the TWRP file location.
- After selecting the TWRP file, tap on the Play button.
Once the flashing process ends, press the Volume Up + Power button combination to boot into the custom recovery mode.
Step 6: Root Moto G8 Plus using Magisk
Don’t release the Volume Up + Power button combination until you have accessed the TWRP recovery on the screen. Aftward, follow the given instructions.
- Select any preferred language, we are choosing English.
- Now, go to the “Mount” section and select “System”.
- Next, transfer the magisk zip file from the secondary phone.
- Tap on “Install” and navigate to the downloaded magisk zip.
- Select the zip file and swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Afterward, you can remove the cable and reboot the phone.
Step 7: Confirm Root Access
From the above steps, the magisk software will be installed on your phone. Simply navigate to the magisk app and install it to enjoy the rooting privileges. Besides this, you can confirm those changes through Root Checker app in the meantime.
With the root Moto G8 Plus guide, I hope you have received those immersive features for your phone. Now, you can flash numerous custom ROMs according to your desire. At the same time, share your thoughts and queries in the comment section.