Are you looking for the simplest method to Root Moto G7 Play and change the app UI according to your needs? In that case, this post will help you access the root access in just a few steps so that you can add custom elements to the user interface.
There’s no denying that this Moto G-series phone has launched a few years ago. But now, you may be facing some issues with the software or hardware. You can remove those troubles by attaining those amazing rooting privileges via our guide. With that said, let’s get started with primary information!
Root Moto G7 Play Without using PC
Usually, if you desire to unlock the root access for the Motorola G7 Play, the common process would be using a computer setup, installing a custom recovery, and flashing the root files. But on the other hand, it’s also possible to remove the computer aspect from the process.
In order to do so, you will need an additional smartphone, a USB cable connector, and a third-party ADB and fastboot command application on that new phone. We covered everything in the following guide so that you don’t face any problems.
Warning: Unlocking the rooting privileges might not be in the best interest if you don’t want to change the system files. The process will involve several instructions that will violate warranty policies, so make a clear decision before getting started!
The requirement to start the rooting process!
Here are some of the basic requisites that you need to finish before diving in!
- Ensure that you have a secondary phone with OTG connectivity.
- Following this, you are required to create a complete backup file.
- Make sure to download and install the necessary software.
- Last but not least, refuel the phone by more than 90%.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
The guide will start when you unlock the bootloader configuration of your phone. It’s quite easier to obtain the boot partition if you have the correct tools and method. We would just our readers to check our dedicated post regarding unlocking the bootloader on any Motorola smartphone in a few minutes.
It will involve some fastboot steps, and a third-party app to get the unlock code, then you have to use the fastboot command again to finally attain those powers. Once you have finished those steps, you are ready to unleash the next part of this process.
Note: You can also replace the PC aspect with the Bugjaeger app and use the second phone for the bootloader process.
Step 2: Get Resources on the Secondary phone
The rooting process will need various resources in order for the readers to achieve their goals. For starters, get the Bugjaeger app from the Google Play store on your second phone. Here’s the process to do so.
- Launch the Google Play Store application.
- Search for the Bugjaeger app inside the search bar.
- Click on the Install button and wait till the installation ends.
At the same time, you will need the magisk zip file on the Moto G7 Play phone for the upcoming process. It would be a great deal if you already acquire this file before starting to use the command tool.
Following this, you are required to download the TWRP custom recovery, which is supported by the Motorola G7 Play. We are using the TWPR recovery, but you can choose any other options according to your requirements.
Last but not least, you can follow our post to install TWRP recovery on your Android phone in a hassle-free manner.
Step 3: Unlock USB debugging and OEM Unlocking
You have to access the developer settings of the Moto G7 Play, follow the subsequent part for that without any further ado.
- First of all, you have to access the Settings App.
- Next, head toward the “About Phone” option.
- Now, tap on the Build Number more than 7 times.
- Following this, navigate to the developer options.
- Enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking toggle.
Step 4: Put the device into the fastboot mode
After you have enabled the USB debugging, you won’t face any problem linking your device to another phone. Now, let’s see the process to access fastboot mode.
- Start by pressing the Power button to turn off the device.
- Once the phone is off, press the combo of the Volume Down + Power keys.
- Now, release all of the buttons when the Android repair appears.
- Use the Volume keys to navigate to fastboot mode and confirm by power key.
Following this, you have to connect your phone using the USB cable and connector, while linking the USB connector to your secondary phone. It should be in this format Moto G7 Play >> USB cable >> OTG connector >> secondary phone.
Step 5: Use Bugjaeger app
I’m assuming that you have already installed this application on your phone and got the necessary resource files. Now, let’s see the process to run the fastboot commands.
- Launch the Bugjaeger app without any further ado.
- Right-swipe in the options menu and select Flash sign.
- Here, you will click on the Blue button to access the command prompt.
- Type command fastboot devices to verify Moto G7 Play activities.
- Now, enter the “fastboot flash recovery” space and tap on the file add button.
- Navigate to the TWRP file location and select it. Then, press the Play button.
With this, the phone will flash the TWRP custom recovery. Next, let’s see the process to set up the custom recovery.
Step 6: Access TWRP recovery
You have to boot your device into recovery mode in order to activate the TWRP. So, let’s start the process without any further ado.
- Boot the device into the TWRP recovery mode.
- Now, go to the Install button and select the magisk file.
- Right, swipe on the magisk file to initiate the process.
- Once the flashing process ends, reboot the device.
In the end, root Moto G7 Play will become easier for you through this guide. Moreover, it’s possible to adjust Android skin. Furthermore, you can even choose custom-made interfaces according to your wish. Last but not least, do let us know your thoughts in the comment section.